PDA

View Full Version : 2 bad hands?

DaveB
12-06-2004, 09:10 PM
What do you think of these two?

Party 5/10 6 max, I have seen opponent do some semibluffing. UTG limps, MP limps, I raise on the button with A /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, blinds fold.
Flop is J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG bets, MP folds, I raise, UTG calls. Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Check, check. River is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Bet, I call.

Same game, different opponent. CO open limps, button calls, I call in the SB with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, BB checks. Flops is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet, BB raises, others fold, I call. Turn is 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif, I check call. River is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, we both check.

thanks!

Rubeskies
12-07-2004, 12:28 AM
HAND 1: Fold the flop. This is essentially a strong drawless board. I doubt he's betting a gutshot here so you may have let your semi-bluff read lead you on here. Whatever he would bet, you probably only have 3 outs at most against him. Is a 3-outer what you want to be playing in this situation? There is no shame in folding after you raised preflop.

HAND 2: I like 3-betting this flop with TP and a BD flushdraw plus an overcard. Your hand is likely to be best here and you don't want to give a free card on the turn.

The way you played it I'd often bet the river and call a raise.

Danenania
12-07-2004, 03:14 AM
Hand 1 is perfect. Rubeskies should note that Hero has a gutshot draw to the nuts on the flop in addition to possible A outs. At 10/20 I just call the flop because I hardly ever get the free card but at 5/10 I like the raise.

Hand 2 you should fold preflop and 3-bet the flop.

Rubeskies
12-07-2004, 03:25 AM
Wow, did not see that somehow. Ignore everything I said about hand 1.

DaveB
12-07-2004, 04:48 AM
Thanks for the replies... hand 1 I lost to AJ. Would you see any reason to call this river if it had blanked and he bet again?

Hand 2 of course I won. I felt like I underplayed it. If I 3 bet preflop, should I lead this turn and fold to a raise? (assuming I played it which I admit might be too loose but the game was relatively passive)

thanks!

Danenania
12-07-2004, 05:03 AM
1.) No reason to call river on a blank.

2.) Yes, that would be my turn default. Completing there is still way too loose even if the game is passive.