PDA

View Full Version : Why do these idiots fold to the low stacks?

gabyyyyy
12-06-2004, 08:10 PM
This has happened lots of times in sit and go's that I was playing.

Ok, so there are say 6 players left. Small stack with about 200 keeps going all in with the blinds @ 25/50. Big stack @ 3000 keeps folding his blinds and or bets to the low stack.

I must say nothing pisses me off more.

Are these people just idiots or is there some kind of method to their madness?

ilya
12-06-2004, 08:45 PM
There are many situations on the bubble when it is correct for the big stack to keep a small stack alive in order to continue bullying the medium stacks. So, yeah, there may well be a method to their madness. Then again, they may just be suffering from topsy-turvy syndrome (super-loose early, super-tight late).

eastbay
12-06-2004, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This has happened lots of times in sit and go's that I was playing.

Ok, so there are say 6 players left. Small stack with about 200 keeps going all in with the blinds @ 25/50. Big stack @ 3000 keeps folding his blinds and or bets to the low stack.

I must say nothing pisses me off more.

Are these people just idiots or is there some kind of method to their madness?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I don't see the problem. Either you expect you have an equity increasing call or you don't. If you don't, you fold.

What is idiotic is calling with a crap hand "just to try" to knock the short stack out. As the short stack, I love it when people do that.

eastbay

ChrisV
12-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Firstly, like ilya says, sometimes it's correct for big stacks to keep small stacks alive - though with 6 left that's not going to be true.

Secondly and more importantly, the big stacks are probably folding because they don't have very good hands? A raise to 200 with blinds at 25/50 isn't an auto-call situation. If the big stack has 83o, why would they call and most likely double the short stack up, when they don't have odds to do so?