PDA

View Full Version : Staying in Philadelphia for cheap

spamuell
12-06-2004, 06:58 PM
I will be going to Philadelphia in March next year for about 3 weeks to visit a friend in college (Bryn Mawr). I haven't been away on my own before, I've been with friends but they have sorted stuff out and I just pay them.

Does anyone know if I would want to stay in like a hotel or motel or hostel or something else? I am completely clueless about this, I want to have my own room and I don't rats running around or anything terrible, obviously. Other than that, I really don't want anything else, like freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast or a pool or anything that will cost me more money.

Also, I have a valid EU passport. If I'm coming for three weeks, are there any visa or international issues that I need to worry about?

I really have no idea how to go about this so I would really appreciate any help/advice that anyone has.

Homer
12-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Do they even have hostels in the US? Anyhoo, given that you're staying for three weeks, your best bet is probably an extended stay hotel. You can stay here (http://www.extendedstayhotels.com/locations/hotellist.asp?lstate=PA&lmetroid=256) at one of the Malvern locations (~15 miles away from Bryn Mawr) for $52.99/night, which is almost certainly cheaper than any of the area hotels, and probably much nicer. The King of Prussia location (~7 miles away) is $66.99/night, but is closer, so maybe that makes it worth the extra money.

-- Homer

spamuell
12-06-2004, 08:44 PM
Thanks a lot Homer, that site was really helpful.