PDA

View Full Version : Why does the BCS always favor the Big 12?

Victor
12-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Nebraska twice before got the benefit. Oklahoma last year and this year squeek in and now Texas gets the nod.

BTW, I absolutely hate Texas. I am from Ohio so I root for OSU, but I still hate Texas more than Michigan. That program is constantly overrated and consantly underachieves. The only time they had a legitimate contender Mack Brown makes one of the alltime worst coaching decisions ever and starts Chris Simms over Major Applewhite. Seriously, look up Applewhite's numbers, he led the country in passing for 2 seasons and led his team to an upset of #1 Nebraska. He owned nearly every passing record at Texas with his senior year left. What does he get for it? A seat on the bench so he can watch some underachieving kid start and lead a great team to a mediocre season because his dad was mediocre NFL quarterback. It was great when Applewhite came in late in the season for two great comeback victories agains Colorado and in the bowl game against Washington. That they did not contend was a total travesty though.

ThaSaltCracka
12-06-2004, 06:40 PM
maybe because its such a strong conference.

Number4
12-06-2004, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe because its such a strong conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why not Auburn?

ThaSaltCracka
12-06-2004, 08:20 PM
what do you mean? I assume you are saying Auburn should be in the title game? If so, I agree, but so do USC and OU, someone got screwed again. Who knows, they play well in their bowl game and they could tie.

kerssens
12-06-2004, 08:22 PM
I don't think the National Championship will be split this year...this year there seems to be an agreement that Auburn got screwed but nobody can say that SC and Okla shouldn't be in there....last year Oklahoma didn't even win their conference so USC had a pretty legit gripe, IMO.

Number4
12-06-2004, 08:24 PM
What I meant was that imo the SEC is as good, if not better than the Big 12. And Tennessee, even with a third string qb is much stronger that Colorado.

At the least, there will be only one national champion this year - even if Auburn blows Va Tech out, I don't see them getting voted #1.

M2d
12-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Auburn blows out Va Tech, and SC and OU play to an ugly 3-3 tie?

Number4
12-06-2004, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Auburn blows out Va Tech, and SC and OU play to an ugly 3-3 tie?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - Ok, maybe not impossible, but hard.

kerssens
12-06-2004, 08:32 PM
college games can't tie

M2d
12-06-2004, 08:33 PM
damn, forgot about that travesty. ok, same scenario, but SC beats OU in a 6-3 seven overtime game.

kerssens
12-06-2004, 08:36 PM
even better...SC wins 2-0 in 7 OT because Peterson trips and falls out the back of the endzone...both teams combine for < 200 tot. yards

Schneids
12-06-2004, 08:44 PM
Had USC not gotten its screwjob last year I have a feeling this year's nat'l championship game would have been Auburn vs. Oklahoma.

The SEC is definitely the best conference this year, and Auburn definitely deserved to be in the title game.