PDA

View Full Version : Real Football Lock

08-26-2001, 09:29 AM
It usually only happens 2 or 3 times a season, but the best bet you can make in football is...

THE DOG AT HOME ON MONDAY NIGHT.

say it with me now...

THE DOG AT HOME ON MONDAY NIGHT.

you're welcome.

PG

08-27-2001, 07:38 PM
Oh No! I guess you wouldn't like all the action I took on Oakland at -5!!! We'll see what happens, but don't you think the dog at home on monday is kinda old, and books and punters alike must be aware of this. Maybe that is part of the reason that the line opened at -6.5 and dropped to 5. Any thoughts...

08-27-2001, 08:57 PM
Home field advantage in la ciudad de México???

This one only applies in regular season anyways, forget any of these ideas in preseason. Home field advantage is close to meaningless in the preseason as the home fans don't exactly get that into it cheering on the fourth stringers.

08-27-2001, 09:26 PM
OOPS!! MEXICO!! Do you think the dog at home on Monday is really a "lock" during regular season? Do you think the fact that it has happened many times in the past means it will occur this season with any two given teams?

08-28-2001, 03:14 AM
It has good and bad seasons. It is so well known my guess is its not much of a quality bet anymore. Even the ABC guys talk about it so you know everyone is thinking of it when betting the game. Any motivational edge it might give the players and the fans is probably negated by the knowledge of this trend.