PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell me if I played this right, cuz I really dont know

phillydilly
12-06-2004, 02:44 PM
I have questions on just about every street here...
Preflop: this raise ok?
Flop: fairly standard 2 overs w/ backdoor flush, right?
Turn: I could have continued to represent the overpair, but with 2 overs and a flush draw, decided to take the free card
River: flush hits, but now there are obvious full boat possiblities, any thoughts? fold as i'm probably behind? raise to represent the big pair?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

mmbt0ne
12-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Preflop: Great raise

Flop: Another great raise

Turn: I bet here, you hit one of the cards you wanted to, opening up a lot more outs for you.

River: I cry, kick, scream, and call just like you did. Some others might make a good case for folding since there were only 11 BB in the pot when it came to you, and you might very well not win more than 1 in 12. I call though.
Actually, crap, I don't know. BB waking up on the river could very well mean a flush for him too, but the only time you're good here is when you're up against lower flushes and straights which won't be &gt; 8.25% of the time I'm thinking now. I don't think there's a bet and a call in front of you on a board like this with two hands you beat.

tiltaholic
12-06-2004, 02:55 PM
hi
preflop-turn looks standard.
i might consider betting the turn with your 14 outs...but checking through is definitely fine too.
wow that 4 killed you. i'd probably call one closing the action, and curse. maybe you win this 9% of the time. i dunno about that. i usually feel compelled to pay it off, having scored my backdoor flush and all.
-t

droolie
12-06-2004, 03:09 PM
I like it all except I fold this river. Behind a bet and call I don't think you win this 10% of the time.

htc1278
12-06-2004, 04:07 PM
I would play it the same way as you until the river but I'd fold the river. I would have a hard time making an overcall with the second highest flush against a board with 3-4's.

HajiShirazu
12-06-2004, 04:13 PM
I would bet turn and fold river-you cant overcall there.

phillydilly
12-06-2004, 04:56 PM
I agree with the river fold in retrospect

Question on alot of the comments I'm getting here..
I don't see any reason to bet the turn
1) this seems like a standard free card play
2) a very standard play with trips is call the flop &amp; raise the turn, by checking thru, i'm not getting trapped for 2 bets
3)i have no draw to the nuts, as its possible i'm against a boat, a draw to a boat, or the Ace flush

I'm curious why I would want to bet the turn here

meep_42
12-06-2004, 05:31 PM
I take the free card on the turn, too.

Fold the river, you beat A-high and not much else.

-d