PDA

View Full Version : Flopped nuts in BB against TAG.

Fat Nicky
12-06-2004, 02:42 PM
UTG is a TAG.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

3-bet, or wait til turn?

Turn: (4.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Cap????

River: (10.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Bet out and call raise???? Check/raise????

Final Pot: 12.16 BB

Rubeskies
12-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Looks fine to me. Once everyone else folds, I like the flop smooth call. You really don't want the turn to get checked through but most TAGs will bet that turn heads up with a flush draw, especially if he has a read that you are a decent player capable of folding.

When a TAG 3-bets my check/raise on the turn when the board pairs, I get a bit scared so I like the turn and river action.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-06-2004, 03:51 PM
I think you should cap the turn. UTG is tight-aggressive. What hands do you put him on that beat yours? JJ/TT? Unlikely, he'd have raised preflop. 88? Very unlikely. J8, T8, I highly doubt it. More likely QJ, JTs, or Ax spades (maybe A8). Yeah, cap it and bet the river.