PDA

View Full Version : The Princess Bride

Men the Master
12-06-2004, 02:12 PM
My favorite line in the movie Princess Bride:

"My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!"

What is your favorite line from the Princess Bride?

jakethebake
12-06-2004, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My favorite line in the movie Princess Bride:

"My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!"

What is your favorite line from the Princess Bride?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone have a favorite line from The Princess Bride?

ThaSaltCracka
12-06-2004, 02:17 PM
It is inconceivable to me that someone would dislike this movie, its pretty damn funny.

my favorite line "I will use my left hand, otherwise it will be over to soon" or something like that.

fnord_too
12-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Indigo "I must know"
TMIB "Get used to dissapointment"
Indigo (sort of shruggging) "Ok"

destro
12-06-2004, 02:28 PM
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line."

PoBoy321
12-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Wesley: You know, there's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, and it would be a pity to damage yours.

Inigo Montoya: Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die. Now, offer me money.
[slices Count Rugen's cheek]
Count Rugen: Yes.
Inigo Montoya: Power too. Promise me that.
[slices Count Rugen's other cheek]
Count Rugen: All that I have and more. Please...
Inigo Montoya: Offer me everything I ask for.
Count Rugen: Any thing you want.
Inigo Montoya: I want my father back, you son of bitch.
[stabs and kills Count Rugan]

destro
12-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Beat you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fnord_too
12-06-2004, 02:32 PM
I'd like to change my vote. Somehow I forgot that line (I haven't seen the movie nor read the book in many years, but that is still an unforgivable oversight on my part.)

PoBoy321
12-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Lol, I know, but there are so many good quotes from that movie that I found a few more to put up lol

Danenania
12-06-2004, 02:47 PM
"Have fun storming the castle!"

Asufiji2004
12-06-2004, 02:48 PM
"Maaridge...Maaridge is what brings us tugeva today, Maardige that bwessid aarangement. Tha dweam, wiffin a dweam"

One of the best movies ever made.

fnord_too
12-06-2004, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wesley: You know, there's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, and it would be a pity to damage yours.

Inigo Montoya: Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die. Now, offer me money.
[slices Count Rugen's cheek]
Count Rugen: Yes.
Inigo Montoya: Power too. Promise me that.
[slices Count Rugen's other cheek]
Count Rugen: All that I have and more. Please...
Inigo Montoya: Offer me everything I ask for.
Count Rugen: Any thing you want.
Inigo Montoya: I want my father back, you son of bitch.
[stabs and kills Count Rugan]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the differences from the book. In the book, it's something like:

(indigo is peircing the count's chest)

Indigo: "That was just to the left of your heart. That one was just above. Do you know what I am doing?"

Count: "You are cutting out my heart."

Indigo: "You cut mine out 20 years ago."

The Dude
12-06-2004, 02:52 PM
"Cut it out, I mean it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?"

elwoodblues
12-06-2004, 02:56 PM
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?

---------------------

Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

wayabvpar
12-06-2004, 03:15 PM
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

tolbiny
12-06-2004, 03:25 PM
The whole scene with max the miricle worker is hilareous.

Max lifts Wesley's arm and it falls to the table with an audible thud
Max "I've seen worse".

Max "Mostly dead is still slightly alive. Now with all dead there is only one thing you can do"
Inigo "What's that?"
Max "Go through his pockets looking for loose change."

ThaSaltCracka
12-06-2004, 03:38 PM
I have seen this movie once, I think. I am going to have to watch it again, as it is pretty damn funny. A lot of cameos too.

tolbiny
12-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Dude its also a great date movie early in a relationship. Here's how to go about it properly.
Around the 4th or 5th date you usually try to get "video" night at your place so you have the home field advantage, and can attempt to fast forward the physical side if nessecary right? Set up this video night, and have a regular movie ready, something from blockbuster or whatever. When she comes over have the Princess Bride sitting out in plain sight somewhere. 90% of girls love this movie, and most of them will say so- and how they haven't seen it in sooooooo long. You casually ask if she wants to watch it instead. Sow you are a sweetheart- cause you like the same movie, and are attending to what she wants. But there are other benefits- she will know the movie so well that she won't really care if she misses part of it to make out and fool around. This is always a tricky situation when watching a movie neither of you have seen.

Finally- be carefull of the girl who recites ALL the lines. A couple is fine, but its a great early warning signal to get away if she recites the whole movie.

Drac
12-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Something along the lines of

"The dwead piwate Woberts has come for your sooooulllls!"

Outside the castle in the holocost cloak. I love to spew that line when watching hockey and Gary Roberts lays a big hit on somebody.

cnfuzzd
12-06-2004, 05:13 PM
i find that i can generally recite most of the movie. Does this mean i have to stop fooling around with myself?

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
12-06-2004, 05:13 PM
i find that i can generally recite most of the movie. Does this mean i have to stop fooling around with myself?

peace

john nickle

Lumpy
12-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Inigo Montoya: Let me 'splain.
[pause]
Inigo Montoya: No, there is too much. Let me sum up

fnord_too
12-06-2004, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny enough that it deserved a double post!

"Don't knock masterbation, it's sex with someone you love."

wayabvpar
12-06-2004, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Inigo Montoya: Let me 'splain.
[pause]
Inigo Montoya: No, there is too much. Let me sum up

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Another one of my favs.

tolbiny
12-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Youcan still fool around with yourself, but be carefull. I think you are definately the type to cheat with your left hand every once in a while.

ThaSaltCracka
12-06-2004, 05:53 PM
all you guys posting quotes, keep going, I am enjoying this thread.

cnfuzzd
12-06-2004, 05:57 PM
but i have to use both hands, you mean you guys dont?

btw, you may consider being a softball pitcher, cause you threw that one PERFECTLY!!!

peace

john nickle

theBruiser500
12-06-2004, 05:59 PM
The Princess Bride is a good example of a comedy that is not funny. Dumb forced humor.

theBruiser500
12-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Also, SaltCracker, your taste in movies is seriously messed up.

ThaSaltCracka
12-06-2004, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Princess Bride is a good example of a comedy that is not funny. Dumb forced humor.

[/ QUOTE ]yes we know, its not smart enough for you and your enormous brain. Don't you have some chess club buddies to go hang out with?

ThaSaltCracka
12-06-2004, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, SaltCracker, your taste in movies is seriously messed up.

[/ QUOTE ]why do you say that? Believe me, I like a lot of movies, in fact most of the ones you are a super snob about I have seen and enjoyed.

onegymrat
12-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Inconceivable!

tolbiny
12-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Actually i think my favorite part is right at the beggining of the movie when Fred savage asks his grandfather if the book has any sports in it. And the grandfather replies with this list
"Fencing, fighting, kidnapping, monsters, giants, revenge, true love" and he totally slips that true love thing right by fred.

Also i love that Fred savage is playing RBI baseball when his grandfather walks in.

theBruiser500
12-06-2004, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yes we know, its not smart enough for you and your enormous brain. Don't you have some chess club buddies to go hang out with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, touche. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-06-2004, 06:37 PM
good to see you are in high spirits, it must be that trip you won. You going to Europe right?

challen
12-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Inigo: "You seem a decent fellow; I hate to kill you."

Man in Black: "You seem a decent fellow; I hate to die."

SuitedSixes
12-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Ever done "The Stranger?"

andyfox
12-07-2004, 01:00 AM

nicky g
12-07-2004, 07:06 AM
"The End."

thirddan
12-07-2004, 07:09 AM
"So you'll put down your rock, and i'll put down my sword, and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people?"

dr. klopek
12-07-2004, 07:22 AM
"Truly you have a dizzying intellect."
"Wait 'til I get going!"

jdl22
12-07-2004, 07:56 AM
"Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."

Duke
12-07-2004, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?

Yes.

Morons.

Sometimes people like dumb forced humor. The movie doesn't take itself too seriously. It tried to do something, and did it well. Sometimes it seems like you go in with preconceptions as to what a film should be, and then when that isn't matched you hate it. Let it do what it's trying to do, and you'll be a lot more satisfied with a lot more movies. It's be pretty ignorant of me to say I hate rap because it's a very poor imitation of Mozart.

The older you get, the fewer things you'll think are stupid. Remeber that a lot of people here were exactly you when we were your age. They just didn't have online poker back then.

~D

GrunchCan
12-07-2004, 12:44 PM
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who tells you differently is selling something."

An amusing movie line, and a basic human truth, all in one!

Men the Master
12-07-2004, 02:16 PM
I think the funniest lines were made by Wesley during the scene when he bluffed Humperdink that he wasn't really paralyzed. It started out with Buttercup kissing him on the bed and him having to tell her "Gently." Then she pulls him closer to kiss him more and he screams "Gently!!!"

Then he goes on to tell Humperdink how he was going to cut off his eyes, mouth, and the rest of his body but not the ears so that he can hear what people would say about this "thing".

Anyway, the scene ends when Humperdink sits on the chair and gets tied down. Then he finds out that he got bluffed. Wesley's speech that preceded this had a lot of very funny lines in it. I wish I had the book so that I could quote it in its entirety.

daryn
12-07-2004, 05:28 PM
yeah, that has always been my favorite part. it's like he's speaking so eloquently but then just throws in a random insult at the end like "warthog-faced buffoon" hahaha.

blendedsuit
12-08-2004, 12:37 AM
Miracle Max: You got any money?
Inigo Montoya: Sixty-five.
Miracle Max: I've never worked for so little. Except once, and that was a very noble cause.
Inigo Montoya: This is noble, sir. His wife is... crippled. His children are on the brink of starvation.
Miracle Max: you are a rotten liar.
Inigo Montoya: I need him to help avenge my father, murdered twenty years ago.
Miracle Max: Your first story was better.