PDA

View Full Version : limp reraise AA early position

Wally
12-06-2004, 01:58 PM
just wondering what people think about this strategy at a standard aggressive 3/6 table. I would guess that at your standard or slightly more aggressive than average 3/6 table you will see a raise at least 55-65% of the time. Would anyone think of limp reraising from UG or UG+1? Or are you still looking to isolate down to a smaller field of players as opposed to trapping other limpers?

MarkD
12-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Limp reraising is fine from UTG or UTG+1. What you need to consider though is that an open limp from UTG or UTG+1 will often result in a limp fest.

I generally think that getting tricky with AA and KK is just overrated and not worth a lot of discussion (but I could be wrong). Raise it and play with whomever, or limp-reraise and play with whomever - but in this case I like the table to be very agressive and I don't want them to notice that I raise nearly every hand I play up front.

Phil Van Sexton
12-06-2004, 02:10 PM
I don't like it. There's a 35-45% chance of no one raising. It's probably slightly higher since some people are less likely to raise after you've called.

I might consider limping if the table were extremely tight-aggressive, but I'd probably switch tables before then.

So many people at 3/6 will cold-call 2 bets that I think raising is almost always correct. You could also be re-raised and be able to cap anyway.

joker122
12-06-2004, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What you need to consider though is that an open limp from UTG or UTG+1 will often result in a limp fest.

[/ QUOTE ]

and this is what we want, no?

TripleH68
12-06-2004, 02:31 PM
I will do it only if the game is very loose aggressive preflop to the point where nobody seems to be paying attention to position. In other words, only at the B&M where even when I raise preflop four or five are going to call.

MarkD
12-06-2004, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What you need to consider though is that an open limp from UTG or UTG+1 will often result in a limp fest.

[/ QUOTE ]

and this is what we want, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. We want someone to raise. A limpfest implies a lot of limpers without any raisers. We don't want that.

Grease
12-06-2004, 02:37 PM
I like to just raise it out. Two reasons. LRR screams AA or KK if you're a solid player (even to the Partytards), and will thus kill your action. If you don't raise, you risk a limp fest and you give the BB infinite odds to draw against you. If you raise, they will put you on two cards, if you LRR, they'll put you on a monster.

JinX11
12-06-2004, 02:42 PM
I hate limp-reraising AA. We're not playing no-limit here. I may have done this two or three times in my life playing limit and I only do it when a guy is raising every hand directly behind me when I limp in.

I feel you lose too much in yelling "I have AA!!" pre-flop. Your opponent can pay the extra SB, take a look at the flop, and know exactly how to play; if he gets ahead of your aces, he's gonna drop the hammer on you without fear. Now if you're willing to limp-reraise a larger variety of hands, then you may have something.

Just my opinion......

Stupendous_Man
12-06-2004, 03:27 PM
While my time at the 3/6 tables has been limited, I'm raising this 100% of the time.

Hamlet
12-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Limp-reraising is a good play in an aggressive game. I wouldn't do it all the time, and you need to do it with more that just AA, but it is a worthwhile play if you're thinning the field too much when you raise.

Try this in a loose aggressive game:

AA 75% raise, 25% limp-re-raise
KK 90% raise, 10% limp-re-raise
AKs 50% raise, 50% limp-re-raise (this hand plays pretty good if it turns into a limp-fest)

Then limp-reraise a few times with volume hands when you have a large number of people in the pot. JTs, 88, A9s, etc. Make sure that you have 6+ people in to give you proper odds to make this play.

Or you could just raise the Aces. Typically that is what I do /images/graemlins/grin.gif

joker122
12-06-2004, 04:29 PM
oops. for some reason i just assumed an LP would raise after many limpers, giving us the chance to 3bet.