PDA

View Full Version : Turned TPTK

chuckbomb
12-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Party 2/4 on a Sunday night. I've been sitting down for a couple orbits, and have only played a couple BB hands, which I folded on the flop. Table seems pretty loose/passive in general - no reads on specific players.

I am dealt the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif two off the button. Four players limp to me, I raise, BB calls, limpers call.
(12.5 SB)

Flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Everyone checks to me, I check.
(6 BB)

Turn brings the Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB bets, all four limpers call, I raise. Everyone calls.
(18 BB)

River is the 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
All check to me, I check.

Thoughts? (Esp. on turn and river play)

Rubeskies
12-06-2004, 01:04 PM
You missed an obvious value bet on the river. This is bet your must begin to make at low limits. Value betting your made hands is where a lot of profit can be made.

Since you said the table was loose and passive they are likely to give you a free card should you bet the flop and check the turn, getting a free turn card for half the price.

Fat Nicky
12-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Bet the flop.

Turn is fine.

Bet the river.

Brash620
12-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Turn play looks good, you should have value bet the river though.

Sarge85
12-06-2004, 01:21 PM
You missed two rounds of bets.

The flop is raggedy raggedy raggedy.

Bet that shiznit.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

chuckbomb
12-06-2004, 01:35 PM
You would bet unimproved overcards against 5 opponents? I concede I might be able to get a free card on the turn, but I figured it was best to take the immediate free card on the flop. Besides, that way if I hit a queen (or even an ace) on the turn, I could jack my unsuspecting opponents for two big bets.

I agree, however, that I probably should have bet the river.