PDA

View Full Version : Cancel NFC Playoffs?

Toro
12-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Not to brag, but I amaze my wife with comments I make during sporting events because quite often the commentator will make the same comment almost verbatim after I say it.

Of course, a lot of it is obvious stuff and not really that impressive to someone that knows sports but my wife doesn't, so it's fun as I don't say anything to destroy her illusion that I'm some sort of sports guru.

So yesterday we're watching the Eagles/Packers game and they put a graphic up of all the NFC team records and I say "they should just cancel the NFC playoff games and put the Eagles right into the Superbowl".

Right on cue, Chris Collingsworth says the same thing 5 seconds later. But, seriously they should. The NFC, except for the Eagles, is a bad conference from top to bottom.

jakethebake
12-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Prediction. The Eagles don't make it to the Superbowl. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-06-2004, 12:42 PM
How about we cancel the whole playoffs and give NE another super bowl ring? I kid...

The NFC may suck, but I wouldn't count any of them out, yet. The playoffs will be filled with a lot of 9-7, 10-6, and 8-8 teams. The playoffs should be both thrilling and boring at the same time.

namknils
12-06-2004, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to brag, but I amaze my wife with comments I make during sporting events because quite often the commentator will make the same comment almost verbatim after I say it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this a lot too, it amazes my mother-in-law most.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, a lot of it is obvious stuff and not really that impressive to someone that knows sports

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course.

[ QUOTE ]
"they should just cancel the NFC playoff games and put the Eagles right into the Superbowl".

Right on cue, Chris Collingsworth says the same thing 5 seconds later. But, seriously they should. The NFC, except for the Eagles, is a bad conference from top to bottom.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't bother me any. The Bears actually have a chance to run the table and get into the playoffs, and they suck horribly.

Kurn, son of Mogh
12-06-2004, 01:29 PM
The last NFC team to go 15-1 did not make it to the Super Bowl.

The Dude
12-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Sounding like television commentators is usually a very bad thing. Certainly not something I'd brag about.

pudley4
12-06-2004, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because the last NFC team to go 15-1 is the biggest choke job in the NFL (see: Week 13 vs Chicago Bears for additional confirmation) /images/graemlins/mad.gif

ddollevoet
12-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Yuu are bragging, and that's OK. However, I'm not so sure why you would want everyone to know that you think like Chris Collinsworth.

Toro
12-06-2004, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yuu are bragging, and that's OK. However, I'm not so sure why you would want everyone to know that you think like Chris Collinsworth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a fan nor a critic of Collingsworth so I don't care one way or the other. It was just weird that he said it right after I did.

Tyler Durden
12-06-2004, 02:45 PM
This thread is funny b/c the Eagles were the team to beat in the NFC the last three years, and they choked each time. That's why I can't take Eagles fans seriously.

They can dis my Redskins legitimately once they actually make (and win) a Super Bowl. So far they're 0-1 in the big game.

mmbt0ne
12-06-2004, 02:56 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm now seeing a Falcons super bowl after TO catches a pass on the 5, heads for the endzone, gets stripped by DeAngelo Hall who then returns it for a touchdown taking about 9.7 seconds to cover the field. Thank you for the hope.

jakethebake
12-06-2004, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm now seeing a Falcons super bowl after TO catches a pass on the 5, heads for the endzone, gets stripped by DeAngelo Hall who then returns it for a touchdown taking about 9.7 seconds to cover the field. Thank you for the hope.

[/ QUOTE ]
Close. But what actually will happen is that TO starts his idiotic endzone dance on the 5, drops the ball, then trips and gets stabbed in the leg by his Sharpie. The ball gets picked up by.......