PDA

View Full Version : I need help plugging a leak in my game.

steamboatin
12-06-2004, 10:43 AM
I have discovered a leak in my gamme and need some advice. The last two trips to Caesars's In, I have been up a significant amout and slowly bled away my chips. I am not loosening preflop so I have to be drawing to thin or going to far with my hands.

Is it a mistake to get up and leave with a profit untill I figure out this leak? It almost certainly has to be in my head. I guess it is possible that normal variance could cause big changes in my chip stack during a 4-5 hour session but I never noticed this before. I have always been good at keeping my profits. I would like some advice about helping indentify this leak and how to fix it.

I am posting this in the Psychology forum also.

sfer
12-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Do you obsessively count and recount your chips to check how you're doing? Keep your chips in a big LAG-pile or in erratic towers and force yourself to have no idea about how much you have in front of you so it's easier to concentrate on your play rather than how much you've won.

From the content of your post, it's also seems entirely possible that you just happened to get unlucky a couple of times.

BaronVonCP
12-06-2004, 11:07 AM
being up and then losing 2 times in a row wouldn't throw up in red flags in my book.
You've had losing sessions before right?

steamboatin
12-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Yes, I have losing sessions, about what I think is normal for an average player.

amirpc
12-06-2004, 11:41 AM
I agree with this pile statement. I do it sometimes, others I don't. I never actually know how I'm doing when I just have the random pile of chips. I mean I generally know up or down but nothing real specific. I tend to play much better when I have the big pile.

I know at live games when I have neat little stacks I spend a lot of time counting and organizing them. I then start to cherish them, like they are my little children. And I start being overprotective of my children.