PDA

View Full Version : How bad is this...

mr magoo
12-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Table typical Loose agg.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2. UTG posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (15 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (27 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 30 BB

JimRivett
12-06-2004, 10:30 AM
It sure seems like a good game, however I probably don't call pre flop.

Jim

Cerril
12-06-2004, 11:05 AM
I would have to very reluctantly fold this preflop. I like J9s and JTs, but I'd hate my position postflop if anything awkward came about.

I'm pretty good with your flop play. I'd be a little worried about a set or (worse) a higher flush draw, but not enough to not see the river.

I'd be tempted to bet out the turn. The way I see it, you just discovered around 2.5-3 outs, maybe a bit more or a bit less depending. Of course, if this table is LA-A but not so much that you can imagine AA being ahead here, then just calling down is appropriate.

The river is of course just fine.

Fat Nicky
12-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Pre-flop call is borderline, but ok if you suspect the BB and UTG poster will come along for the ride.

Sucks that you got stuck between a raising war with your draw, but you can't fold either. Awesome that you hit it for the huge pot.

djoyce003
12-06-2004, 12:07 PM
I think you made a bad call and got lucky. I tighten up from the small blind with this hand and fold it pre-flop. J9 suited is not profitable against a raise. I _might_ call from the BB with it, but not the small blind. The problem is that you are massively out of position, they are going to charge you the maximum to suck out on them (like they did) and if you do get lucky and hit your hand, you are only getting 1 more bet out of them, not a big payoff, which is what happened when you rivered that diamond. This is a much stronger hand in position than out, because you'll get a raise in on the river when they bet out, plus you can try the old free-card play on the flop or turn.

spamuell
12-06-2004, 12:26 PM
I can't believe you didn't check-raise the river.

Fat Nicky
12-06-2004, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you didn't check-raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't c/r as much at the river when I hit my flush at the river. Too many weak players get scared of the flush card and check behind. I need to have a good read on a player to c/r here, particularly, the opponent needs to be really aggro or likes to value bet.

Fat Nicky
12-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Forgot the table in this hand is loose aggressive. In that case, spamuell is right with the c/r.

spydog
12-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Preflop: I like this call. Some might argue that it is a bad call, but if it is, it's not by much. You are probably going to have 5 or 6 people to see the flop, giving you 6:1. And you have good position on the PFR for a potbuilding value CR if you get the 4-flush or OESD that you are looking for.

Turn: Looks fine.

River: I think I risk a checkthru and go for the CR. 2 players have shown huge strength and I think 90% of the time one of them bets.