PDA

View Full Version : PLO tournament hand

04-24-2002, 12:50 PM
We are down to the final 4 players. Player A is an omaha newbie but seems to have gotten the hang of it by now and is chip leader. Player B is, by a large margin, the best and most experienced player and is in 3rd place in chips. Player C is me, who knows how to play omaha but is far from an expert. I am in second place. Player D has played a bit but is not very experienced and is in lowest chip position. This is a winner take all tournament.

You are on the button. Blinds are currently 200-400. Player A has about 6000. Player B has about 4000. Player C (thats me) has about 5000. Player D has about 2000.

I am dealt 10-9-8-5 with two clubs and two spades. Player B is UTG and folds. I limp on the button. Player D is in the SB and folds. Player A is in the BB and checks his option. So I am heads up with the chip leader.

The flop is 9c5d4h, giving me top two pair. BB checks. I bet 600. BB checkraises to 1600. I reraise to 3600. BB calls.

The turn is a Jc leaving me open ended with a flush draw and two pair. I bet all in for 1000 and get called. BB has 44xx for bottom set with no redraw and none of my outs in his hand.

The river is a 9s and I make the bigger full house and win.

Did I play this hand well or just get stupid lucky?

04-24-2002, 10:34 PM
I like how you played this hand, although I think the bet of 600 after the flop is a bit weak and then you raise him 2000 after he check raises you?? After that you are pretty much pot committed to bet your last 1000. I also like his check-raise after the flop, I'm curious what you would have done if you bet out 1600 after the flop instead of checking?

04-26-2002, 12:55 PM
I would have raised BTF and hopefully I would have

picked up the blinds right then and there. I really don't want to see a flop with your hand, but if I am forced to at least I have a halfway

decent hand where I can pick up a big flop even

if he has a big hand. Once you see the flop you are comitted to your hand in a headup situation three handed so how you play the hand is really irrelevant. I doubt your opponent is going anywhere with bottum set. New Omaha players tend

to overplay and overvalue bottum sets.

Bruce