PDA

View Full Version : ($2/$4)Flop action with nothing but weak draws but large pot

Vern
12-06-2004, 07:17 AM
Table is semi-loose and passive
BB is TP-P rated on 50+ hands and fits the style well.
UTG is on his first orbit and played 6 of 9 hands so far.
UTG+1 is LA-P rated on 50+ hands, he seems a little wild.
MP2 is a nice fish, LP-P, rated on 100+ hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)
Props to Bison for his converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1(LA-P) (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2(Fish) calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="CC3333">BB(TP-P) raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1(LA-P) calls, MP2(Fish) calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">Completing is a no brainer here, but a TP-P raising from the BB has me worried. I still call though closing the action with a solid holding.</font>

Flop: (10 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB(TP-P) bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1(LA-P) calls, MP2(Fish) folds, Hero ?

I figure 2 overcards, 2-3 outs, backdoor nut flush 1.5-2 outs and .5 out for the backdoor one card straight. That is 4.5ish outs and I am closing the action getting 13:1. I felt uncomfortable making this call and would appreciate some feedback as to whether I have overvalued my outs or I just need to feel differently about it. Thanks.

As always, any crticism of any part of the hand is appreciated.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert at any of this.

Tosh
12-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Calls.

Vern
12-07-2004, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Table is semi-loose and passive
BB is TP-P rated on 50+ hands and fits the style well.
UTG is on his first orbit and played 6 of 9 hands so far.
UTG+1 is LA-P rated on 50+ hands, he seems a little wild.
MP2 is a nice fish, LP-P, rated on 100+ hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)
Props to Bison for his converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1(LA-P) (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2(Fish) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB(TP-P) raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1(LA-P) calls, MP2(Fish) calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">Completing is a no brainer here, but a TP-P raising from the BB has me worried. I still call though closing the action with a solid holding.</font>

Flop: (10 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB(TP-P) bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1(LA-P) calls, MP2(Fish) folds, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero Called.

Turn: (7 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks.

River: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero ?

Anyone think I should three-bet the river? I think anyone with 98x would have bet the turn so at worst I am just building a split pot with other eights with the possibility someone else is calling/playing because they think the board straight is the best hand.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.

ErrantNight
12-07-2004, 03:39 AM
flop call standard, easy.

3-bet the river. chop chop... thank utg+1 for sticking around to spread the loot around.