PDA

View Full Version : how's this look?

gamblore99
12-06-2004, 05:33 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

BB is new, no read, MP3 is loose agressive, will automatically bet if checked to and last to act. Cold calls a lot with a range of hands. My notes say hes bluff raised a few times in situations when non scare cards have come. My play was based on my read for MP3. Without a read on him, would it be acceptable?

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, BB folds.

River: (9.70 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.70 BB, between Hero and MP3.</font>

Grease
12-06-2004, 05:39 AM
At first I didn't like it, then I went over the read you had of MP3, which is very good. Since it is dead on, this hand is masterful. I like it.

Shillx
12-06-2004, 05:59 AM
Given the read, this looks like a clear flop check/raise. Even if someone hits the flush on the turn, you still have a redraw to the nuts.

Shill

If he is a bet bot, just keep checkraising him.

The T.A.
12-06-2004, 06:24 AM
Yup, I like this too, given the read.

I like your play on the turn.

Danenania
12-06-2004, 06:27 AM
I would rather just bet the flop then go for the c/r on the turn. It will look like a PP that's afraid of the A. Check/calling this flop looks extremely suspicious no matter how lag your opponent is.

gamblore99
12-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Seems all 2 of the experienced posters think flop checkraise is the way to go, and all newer players say like my line.

My thinking was that if he didnt have an ace and missed he would fold, but given my read, he would for sure bet. If i checkraised the flop he'd definitely call with an ace, and probably without one, but fold the turn if i bet out after. I new he would bet the turn, and considered waiting to river to either check-raise or checkfold depending on the card and action of other player, but i thought that this was to risky.

On the flop I didn't see to many cards out there that could hurt me given the board, so I thought it was okay to let one drop.

Reasons as to why checkraising the flop instead of turn would be really great cause I'm still confused here as to which is best.