PDA

View Full Version : TT at 10/20

joker122
12-06-2004, 05:07 AM
giving 10/20 another shot. after the first 10 minutes i'm reminded of the maniacal lagness and find myself -15BB when this hand came up. villian is new to the table but his numbers are 22/16 with an aggro factor of 1.1

i raise red TT UTG and only the SB calls.

flop Ad 6s 9d

he checkraises me and i call.

turn is 8s

bet, call.

how am i doing so far? i thought a tag would 3bet or fold an ace preflop. i planned to call a non diamond river.

helpmeout
12-06-2004, 06:17 AM
I dont know what he is calling with here against an UTG raise. Maybe a hand like 66 77? KQo? KJo KTs A9o?

Personally I 3bet this flop and bet the turn, take a free showdown. This way he may fold a weakish Ace or a hand like JJ (if he is bad enough not to raise it preflop).

If he caps the flop I dump it unimproved on the turn.

imitation
12-06-2004, 06:28 AM
I like the idea of passive play to draw more out of an aggressive player but you should 3 bet this flop. 3 betting alows you to bet the turn and fold another CR or if called again check through the river for a free SD.

I'm not sure how aggressive the tables are but you can also surely fold the turn if he caps the flop, you can probably even fold to the cap I don't know that there is enough in the pot to continue but implied odds might keep me in to see 1 more card.

I think calling with a suited A, KQ, KJ or pp 66-99 or JJ (??) are possible for a tag in the SB.

stripsqueez
12-06-2004, 07:06 AM
i played a guy today whose pre-flop numbers were something like 22/10 - his aggro numbers were low but not really low - his WTSD was 27% - i was plenty keen to play with this guy

i think the VP$IP, PFR, and aggro numbers only make good sense in context of the WTSD% - i want to know if my opponents play flop or drop

i think this guys numbers say fold on the flop but if you told me his WTSD% was say 50 then it would be a different story

against a tight player i think folding on the flop is ok

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

imitation
12-06-2004, 09:45 AM
So you would even suggest flop bet fold to the raise? I find that WtSD and W$SD are some of the last stats to converge so i'm less inclined to base many of my decisions on them, though I do.

joker122
12-06-2004, 09:19 PM
forgot about this one. the river was a blank and went check check. he showed KhQh and MHIG.

imitation
12-06-2004, 09:29 PM
This is not a play I would expect from someone with postflop agr factor of 1.1, I assume you would have called a river bet, but what do you put villian on after the river check, missed flush or weak A? Will they have 66, 77, or 9x enough to bet on the end once checked to. I would think that most tags would continue to bet on A on the end, so I think betting when checked to would probably be more correct as you will either see check, bet, fold or check, bet, call you win >50%.

Ponks
12-06-2004, 10:41 PM
I think I like betting the river when checked to also.

Ponks