PDA

View Full Version : A friendly reminder to always reset your disconnect protects,,,

BAS
12-06-2004, 04:56 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero could not respond in time.(disconnected)
Hero folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Anyways..... in a situation like this do you try and start a raising war on the turn, or wait till the river as I was intending to do? Both players Semi LAG.

Thx.
BAS

Evan
12-06-2004, 04:59 AM
Raise the turn for christ's sake!!!!!

Also, if you're timing out maybe try fewer tables.

BAS
12-06-2004, 05:00 AM
Sorry, I realize the last part of the post is better suited for Small Stakes Limit Forum...

jasonHoldEm
12-06-2004, 05:04 AM
I play quads aggressively when I'm lucky enough to catch them. Sure, sometimes you'll bet out (or raise) on the flop and everyone will fold because they have nothing, but in those situations you're unlikely to win much even if you slowplay...those times when someone has a pocket pair (or even just big overcards and an aggressive attitude) you will make a freaking huge pile of money...you can't risk it by getting cute.

My .02,
J

One Word Answer
12-06-2004, 08:26 AM
sucks

Tosh
12-06-2004, 08:35 AM
Timing out is your punishment for playing so badly.

Bacchus
12-06-2004, 09:07 AM
That's too bad that you disconnected on the best hand. I'll echo what was previously mentioned: raise if you have the nuts.

stir
12-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Maybe..just maybe... it is OK to wait to raise until the turn, depending on the texture of the table, but to not raise the turn was horrible.

Hermlord
12-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Also, remember to check the batteries in your wireless mouse!! I got KK and AA simultaneously on two tables yesterday, capped both preflop, then -- bam, no mouse. The software (Logitech) is supposed to warn me about low batteries, but for some reason it no longer does. One more reason for PP to add keystroke actions.

Someone said he flopped a set to my AA, but who knows. Still sucks.

Jay36489
12-06-2004, 02:36 PM
What do you mean reset your disconnect protects? I've never actually used one.