PDA

View Full Version : art at the gas station

bonanz
12-06-2004, 04:00 AM
I was driving yesterday and saw some lady who had setup shop at a gas station with a bunch of replica oil paintings. I almost busted a U and went back, but kept on my way for some reason. But I kinda want to get some art to decorate my place cause its pretty bare walled, but i feel i've "outgrown" my poster days...

is it lame to get some hand painted replica for cheap? or would it be better to just get some nice prints of famous paintings that I like? I really like the 2 paintings below and these would probably be the ones i would like to get.

...i don't know, just kinda rambling a bit, but looking for some ideas for wall decorations for a bachelor pad /images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://www.moviepostershop.com/item_img/A-95.jpg http://www.artic.edu/aic/collections/modern/pictures/E13868.jpg

edit: i just noticed another thread about gas stations. it's very common for someone to post about something and to see a bunch of threads following it with very similar titles/topics. for the record this was not inspired by that thread /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PoBoy321
12-06-2004, 04:02 AM
If you're looking for high quality art, I have 3 words. Dogs. Playing. Poker.

Other than that, just go for some weird modern abstract painting and make up some bullshit about how it's representative of the plight of the urban worker. Then proceed to nail the hottest chick in the immediate vicinity.

Lazymeatball
12-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Edward Hopper's "Nighthawks" is great. Definitely get a print of that framed, mine looks great over the tv with some overhead recessed ceiling lights.

namknils
12-06-2004, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're looking for high quality art, I have 3 words. Dogs. Playing. Poker.

Other than that, just go for some weird modern abstract painting and make up some bullshit about how it's representative of the plight of the urban worker. Then proceed to nail the hottest chick in the immediate vicinity.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple comments...

I went into Walgreens last night and In between on of the isles was a poker table top set up with some cards and chips on it and a few stuffed animal dogs with cigars laying in front of them. I got a little chuckle out of it.

I like the abstract art crap. I decided a little while ago that I was going to become an artist. I was just going to buy some canvas' and paint and make up something about a painting after I painted it.

As for the art, I like the picture on the left. Just get whatever you like and whatever you think looks good.