PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous e-book on how to beat Party

MicroBob
12-06-2004, 03:44 AM
some guy spammed my table at party with a link for an e-book on 'how to beat the party tables GUARANTEED' or something like that.

anyway...for amusement, I checked out the link.

The guy plays SNG's.
At the bottom he gives the price as $39.95 (but soon to be $47).

I'm not giving the link because I really don't want to help this guy spam his product.
I just thought it amusing what he says on his little spam-site for this.

here are some excerpts from the site:

[ QUOTE ]
Now, why can I guarantee that you will make $170/hour or more?
When I play on Party Poker, I play $200 tournaments which actually cost $215 to enter.

Prize money is as follows:

1st Place: $1,000
2nd Place: $600
3rd Place: $400

Out of 10 tournaments here are my average results using my revolutionary Party Poker tournament system:

1st Place: 1
2nd Place: 2
3rd Place: 2

What does this amount to?

$1,000+1,200+$800-215(10)=$850!!

I play two tournaments at once and each tournament takes 1 hour so in total...I make an average of 850 dollars in 5 hours or 170 dollars/hour!

BUT REMEMBER! This is a SYSTEM! That means that YOU TOO will achieve the same success!!!

You will feel like you are robbing a bank EVERY TIME you play!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's some of the accolades:

[ QUOTE ]
I got 2nd place in the first tournament I played using your system, and 3rd place in the second tournament!
Great system!
~Mike Harris

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
All I have to say is where was this information last year when I lost so much money on Party Poker? Why you would give info away is beyond me.
~Charlie Fine

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Here is just a sample of what you will learn
and be able to immediately implement after purchasing my Ebook...

Learn exactly what to do in every situation so that you GET IN THE MONEY!

Learn exactly when, how, and how often you should steal blinds so that your stack doesn't disappear before the final three!

Learn all the secret online tells so you always know if an opponent has it, or he's just trying to make you a sucker!

Learn exactly how to use these online tells to YOUR ADVANTAGE so you make your opponent think you're bluffing when you are really holding the nuts!

Learn how to correctly extract chips from the NEWBIES on Party Poker!

Learn exactly when, and how often you should BLUFF in a Party Poker tournament.
The answer will suprise you!

Learn the subtle shifts in strategy between the high buy in and low buy in tournaments!

LEARN HOW TO PLAY WITH 4 PEOPLE LEFT SO THAT YOU GET IN THE MONEY, TIME AFTER TIME. This by itself is worth the price of the entire course!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my favorite part:

[ QUOTE ]
But wait! Order now and get these three incredible
bonuses for FREE!!

Bonus 1: (A $75 value)
You may submit unlimited number of questions to me and I will personally reply with the answers! This is like having your own private professional poker teacher who will make SURE you turn into a Party Poker master!

Bonus#2:
(A $149 value)
You may submit unlimited number of HAND HISTORIES to me and I will personally reply with the answers! This way I can tell you EXACTLY what you are doing right and what you need to improve on. This bonus by ITSELF will guarantee that you master Party Poker tournaments!

Bonus#3:
(A $250 value)
I will give you PRIVATE help on Party Poker tournaments WHILE YOU PLAY!! I can help you over the phone, or over instant messenger. Again, this bonus by ITSELF is worth more than 12 times the price of the ENTIRE course!!!

A $474 dollar value in bonuses all yours for FREE if you order NOW!

This course will pay for itself the very first time you play!!!

Remember: BUY NOW while this offer still lasts!

[/ QUOTE ]

TinyHorses
12-06-2004, 03:52 AM
He has spammed RPG about hiring people to spam his website URL. I saw some spam last night while playing and I had to laugh that someone would actually take him up on the offer. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

The book was 29.95 just last week! Get it while it's hot!

SackUp
12-06-2004, 03:54 AM
Ya I ran across this website before. I got an absolute kick out of it as well.

I too love the part where he tries to put values on his "bonuses." Pretty frickin' hilarious.

Hey maybe we should all try it out...it is guaranteed!

MicroBob
12-06-2004, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Learn all the secret online tells so you always know if an opponent has it, or he's just trying to make you a sucker!

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I really wouldn't mind knowing this.

It IS guaranteed afterall.

Where's my credit-card??
Sign me up!!!
I just HAVE to learn about this super-duper-secret online-tells that let me know when my opponent "has it" or "is trying to make me a sucker!!!"

Phill S
12-06-2004, 04:11 AM
sorry MB, we were ahead of you by a little in the SnG forum with the thread on the 26th of Nov here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1321214&Main=1306475#Post 1321214).

basicly its all a scam, suitedsixes (i cant stop remembering that damn avatar he has) bought it out of curiosity (maybe foolish, but that guy wasnt making money playing SnGs thats for sure). the thread goes a little way to explaining why its clearly a rip off.

Phill

MicroBob
12-06-2004, 04:22 AM
Yeah...I guess I was behind the times in getting spammed this thing.
I haven't been playing many SNG's.
This guy spammed me at a ring-game (when we were down to 4 players and I was about to leave).

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Here's an excerpt from suited-6's review of the contents:

[ QUOTE ]
It is basically just the SNG FAQ from this website with a few exceptions. He states that he is a horrible ring game player. He recommends that you play nothing in Rounds 1-3 except AA, AK, and KK, or QQ if you're in late position. My favorite is that he wants you to FOLD in the BB no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

And, you are correct....his avatar is REALLY freaking bizarre!!

daryn
12-06-2004, 04:36 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Ya I ran across this website before. I got an absolute kick out of it as well.

I too love the part where he tries to put values on his "bonuses." Pretty frickin' hilarious.

Hey maybe we should all try it out...it is guaranteed!

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll donate .01 to the cause. get 3,998 more people and we'll buy it and share with everyone.

Gramps
12-06-2004, 04:54 AM
Maybe this guy is just "thinking on a higher level," and is trying to recruit some new fishies to the $215 NL SNGs.

For any poker newbies looking to try out this system in these games, I've heard it's a can't miss...

MicroBob
12-06-2004, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this guy is just "thinking on a higher level," and is trying to recruit some new fishies to the $215 NL SNGs.

For any poker newbies looking to try out this system in these games, I've heard it's a can't miss...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an interesting theory...but then shouldn't he avoid raising the price for his coveted e-book?

But I also saw in the SNG thread on this that evidently someone is offering it on e-bay for $1.

Now...if he's behind doing THIS (that is....raising the price on his site....and then selling it for $1 to get it to as many people as possible) then he really IS a genius.

Also - somebody in the SNG thread thought it would be neat to sell something like this to the WPT-loving crowd.

"raise with ANY ace from any position...it works for Gus Hansen. It will work for you too."
"if you know you're beat...then the only chance to win the hand is to bluff at it."
"play a lot of hands....so that when a 'good' flop comes you'll be able to hit a big score."

something like that anyway.

Gramps
12-06-2004, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"raise with ANY ace from any position...it works for Gus Hansen. It will work for you too."
"if you know you're beat...then the only chance to win the hand is to bluff at it."
"play a lot of hands....so that when a 'good' flop comes you'll be able to hit a big score."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've just written the first chapter of the poker book that needs to be written. Forget these dry, conservative 2+2 books telling you to fold all the time - only really p-ssies follow that advice... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

B00T
12-06-2004, 10:44 AM
I love how he offers those bonuses of looking at hand histories or offering advice and puts a $ value on them.

A $75 value to email him. Where the hell did he pull those numbers from.

Ponks
12-06-2004, 12:39 PM
I'm in for a penny.

Ponks

Art Vandelay
12-06-2004, 12:47 PM
I know I don't have what it takes to be a poker author. I'd estimate my email advice value at $25 and that's being generous.

CORed
12-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Does the "guarantee" to refund the money you lose playing his system, or just the purchase price of the system? I'm guessing he'll reneg, either way.

jakethebake
12-06-2004, 01:23 PM
Gosh! Can someone please post the link? This sounds like just what I've looking for! /images/graemlins/grin.gif