PDA

View Full Version : 2 PPs

Scotch78
12-06-2004, 03:38 AM
Hand 1:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP <font color="purple">(CS)</font> calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP <font color="purple">(CS)</font> calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CS calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero . . .

Hand 2:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $1.
CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP (poster) calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero . . .

Scott

Grisgra
12-06-2004, 03:41 AM
Hand #2 is a no-brainer. Hero bets. You raised pf, anyone without an ace is probably going to fold -- and you'll get a lot of jacks to fold on the turn.

Hand #1 is painful. But I bet. Guy could have something like 66 through 99 or so, and he'll fold. Or he's on a flush or straight draw. If you're raised, run away like a little girl . . .

Scotch78
12-06-2004, 04:13 AM
Ugh . . . hand 2 got messed up. I open-raised from the CO and the button cold-called.

Scott

Schaefer
12-06-2004, 05:49 AM
1) I'd bet and fold to a raise. If just called, I'd check and call the river.

2) I'd bet and see what develops. If both players call, I'd probably check/fold the turn. If only one called I'd be more inclined to bet again on the turn. I'd then check and call on the river.

Both of these hands have become pretty mediocre with these ugly boards but there still are draws out there that people will be drawing to. I like betting turns and easing up on rivers quite a bit. It's a great feeling when you check-call someone's missed gutshot/flush draw on the river.

FWIW, I disagree with Gris that you'll fold any Jacks. I may be missing something but I get called down by middle or bottom pair ALL the time.

Schaefer