PDA

View Full Version : suited connector, decent pot.

dealer_toe
12-06-2004, 02:18 AM
This was about my 3rd hand at the table, so I have no reads on the players in the hand. I am not sure about my flop play. I wouldn't have done it if the original raiser didn't get two callers behind him. This is the first hand I've posted. Also the 3 hands I played and 5 or 6 i watched before a seat opened up, there were about 5 to the flop which I think justified a call in this position.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1. MP1 posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB folds.

River: (13.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Shillx
12-06-2004, 02:22 AM
This was about my 3rd hand at the table, so I have no reads on the players in the hand

Limping with T9s is pretty sketch when you don't have reads on anyone at the table. Make this limp when you can be fairly confident that no one will raise behind you (ie. it is a passive table).

Yikes the rest of the hand is odd. I'll let others comment on that.

Shill

GrunchCan
12-06-2004, 02:26 AM
Welcome to the forums.

Fold PF.

Check-fold the flop. CR is just chip spewing. If you were bluffing, there were far too many players for you to have enough fold equity to pull this off. If you weren't bluffing, well, er... let's just say you had better been bluffing.

Check-fold the turn.
Check-fold the river.

topspin
12-06-2004, 02:31 AM
Why are we trying to trap the field on the flop with our incredibly vulnerable second pair?

GrunchCan
12-06-2004, 02:33 AM
Vulnerable second pair with a 5th nut flush redraw, to be precise. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

dealer_toe
12-06-2004, 02:38 AM
I knew there was something wrong with this hand, and thats why I posted it. What I was thinking about during the hand were my redraw possibilities, the PFR missing the flop, and my check raise showing strength getting J to possibly fold. I know its wrong, but that was what I was thinking at the time. I'll definetly have some more good hands to come.

Aaron W.
12-06-2004, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What I was thinking about during the hand were my redraw possibilities, the PFR missing the flop, and my check raise showing strength getting J to possibly fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is close to a 0% chance of that happening. Top pair just isn't going to fold. (If you are in the habit of folding top pair, it's time to quit cold turkey. It's a bad one to have.)

By the way, if you think you're getting top pair to fold, you likely to think that you might get a flush draw to fold. That's not happening either, and the flush draw is right to stay in.