PDA

View Full Version : Good Read or Horrible Play

G Baade
12-06-2004, 12:17 AM
I just won a 10 man live satellite thru my poker club for the WSOP. This hand stood out not only because the guy berated me, but also because it turned the tide in the game.

Starting Stack 1000

Blinds go up every 15 minutes starting at 25 25 then 25 50 then 50 100 and so on

4 players left

Blinds at 200 400

I am in BB with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

2 folds and SB calls

SB has me covered

I am at 2300 hes at approx. 2400

Flop is A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks I bet minimum he calls. AT this point I am thinking flush draw or straight draw.

Turn 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif He bets minimum this time and I call.

River 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif He bets everything but his last 2 100 checks and I seeing he missed what hand I put him on. And also that he didnt just go all in. Call!

He says you must have something. I said yea I got Queens. He flips over J 8 offsuit and huffs and puffs about how he cannot believe I called and it was such a good bluff.

With all that said I can see quite a few errors in my play here. Tell me what you would have done in this situation?

Thanks

ChrisV
12-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Raise allin preflop. SB obviously isn't interested in playing for all his chips.

Just bet allin on the flop. There are quite a few draws on and you have to price them out.

The call on the river is obvious, not sure what SB was on about.