PDA

View Full Version : Fairly uninteresting hand , Don't like my 5th street action.

brassnuts
12-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (2.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.16 BB

Bet this river, ya?

12-05-2004, 11:49 PM
I often check/call the turn here because I want a river call. Less than 50% chance he has a heart, and he won't call the turn if he doesn't.

But you MUST bet this river.

adamstewart
12-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Aside from the villain flopping a straight flush, on the turn there are only two cards that beat you: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif and Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Do you think MP1 would have raised the flop if he held A /images/graemlins/heart.gif ?? I know I would have, if I was him. Therefore, I feel I could rule out the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif more than not, here.

Unfortunately, by check/calling the turn, you have no idea where you stand at the river. I think your hand is the best a large number of times here.

I think I'd lean towards check-raising the turn here. Then betting out on the river. (However, if he 3-bets the turn, I'd just call, and check/call the river).

Just my thoughts...

Adam