PDA

View Full Version : Multi DB's playerview/GT+

thrillhouse7
12-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Just looking for suggestions on what to do until playerview or gametime+ works with multiple databases.

Pros for using observed hands DB: larger/more players
Cons for using observed hands DB: players with 0 hands still have 0 hands after being at the table with them for 30 minutes

pros and cons just the opposite for using the using the database with my hands.

Thoughts?

sthief09
12-06-2004, 12:45 AM
I've been exporting notes from all databases, then using Playerview for the current day. I'm really hoping they support multiple DB's soon

amirpc
12-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Well we've been getting a lot of requests for multiple DBs and heres a few things I've been toying with

1 - Having the ability to specify which database to use on a per limit basis

2 - Having the ability to specify which database to use for observation vs playing

3 - Having the ability to literally use results from multiple databases.

None of them are hard for me & CT to do. HOWEVER, I really really don't think you guys want 3. Its going to be laggy as hell I think. Cross referencing results across 3 databases could really be a drain on resources.

A lot of people are really asking for this (#3). The reason I hold off on implementing it is because I don't want to implement this and then have you guys find out the performance hit is too big and you don't like it.

I think the best way to do it may be either 1 or 2. If you guys really want #3 I'll do it but don't be too suprised if it causes some lag.

thrillhouse7
12-06-2004, 01:55 AM
I would love to see number 3 even if it causes "some" lag.

Perhaps i'll have to import observed hands into my regular database. What are the drawbacks of this? size is all i can really think of. And if i did this, is there a way to move the observed hands to another database when my reg. database approaches the max size.

Scotch78
12-06-2004, 03:00 AM
What I've been doing is auto-importing played hands into my datamine and running PV off that, then requesting my played hands via e-mail and importing them into my regular database. That way I have all the info I want in PV, but still get quick access to my hands.

Scott