PDA

View Full Version : Tip for those that multi-table..

LImitPlayer
12-05-2004, 10:27 PM
I read this in an earlier post today and I figured I'd share it in case anyone missed it.
Dunno why I never thought of this before, here it is:

When playing multiple tables do a search of your name and it will pop up a list of the tables you are on and the average pot size of each table.

It eliminates the need of having to look up each individual table to get the average pot size to let you know when the table has really tightned up.

Obviously if your multi-tabling 2 or 3 tables this tip may not do much for you but I just started 8-tabling on Dec 1 and it has made things so much easier. I use pokertracker but the odd time I find myself on a table with 4 or 5 people that I dont have any notes on at all.

bicyclekick
12-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Yeah, most of us do this already. It's a good idea for sure, but yeah, not a revelation or anything.

uw_madtown
12-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Using GameTime with PT Auto-Import is 10x better than this.

bonanz
12-05-2004, 11:24 PM
playerview just added table averages in the latest update. released yesterday (dec 5) i believe

uw_madtown
12-05-2004, 11:27 PM
I've been using GameTime since it seemed to sound like that was the least buggy. Is PlayerView that much better that it's worth dealing with any potential bugginess?

Maybe I'll meander over and give it a try.

MicroBob
12-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Playerview looked really cool....but I was too freaking dumb to get it to work properly.

I spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to get the numbers to show up on the table but didn't succeed.
A 2+2'er sent me their schematics for it so I'll try uninstallikng and starting over at some point.

But if you're completely computer illiterate like me it might be tough (note - I think that some completely computer illiterate folk could STILL get this to work....that's how BEYOND computer illiterate I am).

Game-time works for me just fine and dandy.

I didn't consider the search-function aspect.

I have been avoiding the search-function while playing because there used to be a bug where your tables would freeze-up if using this function while seated.

I haven't heard as many people complain about this as much anymore (it used to happen to me A LOT...but this was months ago)...so perhaps the bug is fixed and I can go back to using the search-function.

sin808
12-06-2004, 12:20 AM
I've been using it since they first posted it up and haven't experienced any bugs (other than calculation problems which were worked out). I know others experiences are different though.

bonanz
12-06-2004, 12:39 AM
i don't know about bugginess in playerview. I found gametime+ and was using it for a bit before playerview came out and i had the problems whwere it would seriously slow down my pc after an hour or 2 and i'd have to restart it. I gave playerview a try after it was released and it worked with no problems at all...I mean as long as you can get it to work, i think playerview is superior if for no other reason, the fact that you don't have to enter your tables manually.

Scotch78
12-06-2004, 02:52 AM
I think the key to PlayerView is that it's highly customizable, much more so than GT+. IMO, the only disadvantage to PV is that it only works for Party and skins, but Amir and CT are planning to add support for all PT-supported sites eventually.

Scott