PDA

View Full Version : $3/$6 - Bet this turn?

adamstewart
12-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

**No significant reads that I can remember**

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero .... ?

Should I be betting, or checking, this turn?

If I bet, I may win the hand right there. Plus, I have 15 (potential) outs, that I could be betting (for value?). However, SB may actually have a great hand here, and may be trying to check-raise me. (Unfortunately, I don't have any reads or stats on him).

If I check, I get a free card to see if I make my straight or flush. Further, this may induce SB to automatically bet the river, and if I've made my hand, I would likely choose to raise him, gaining an extra bet or two...

I ended up checking. My reasoning was that I could fold to a river bet unimproved (free card = no more bets lost). But if I made my hand on the river, there remains a good chance that I can still make an extra two bets (the same as I would have gained by simply betting the turn, and the river).

The above discussion, of course, does not include the possibility that the SB makes (or already has) a higher flush, a boat, or quads.... eeek.

What do you guys recommend, and why?

Thanks,

Adam

Grease
12-05-2004, 09:37 PM
You're HU. I think that the bet will work 1 in 5 to take this down. If you get called or check raised, you have plenty of outs to continue.

AceHigh
12-05-2004, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
**No significant reads that I can remember**

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you have no reads, I would check, because it would suck to get check/raised and call and catch on the river, and find out you are drawing dead.

pfkaok
12-06-2004, 01:30 AM
Yeah, I like the bet here too... as I think that the bluff aspect of the semi-bluff might be profitable itself. Its true that getting CR'ed here would suck, but with no reads I think that you'll take this down very often, since he'll need a very strong hand or draw to call here.

MrFeelNothin
12-06-2004, 01:56 AM
I bet this as well, I think there is a great chance you take it down right there. And don't forget about the K and/or Q as potential outs.

sthief09
12-06-2004, 02:04 AM
headsup, bet. 4-handed, check