PDA

View Full Version : making a stand vs hiding in corner in the bubble

Allinlife
12-05-2004, 07:00 PM
blinds in 150/300

i have 1700 , chip leader with 4 k and 2 short stacks with around 800 each.

do you make a stand by calling chip leader's steal and most likely doing a coinflip or do you keep hiding in corner for premium holdings hpoing one of the shortstacks will go bust?

you can tell that big stack will exploit this situation by not calling shortstack's pushes with only 200 to call, but going allin everytime I am BB.

what do you do?

pshreck
12-05-2004, 07:54 PM
From a perspective of wanting to make money in the long term, why would you ever take a stand, especially a perceived coinflip?

It is clearly always the wrong move (if you are pretty sure you are 50% to bust, and not increasing your chances of 1st all that much).

ChrisV
12-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Don't call big stack's pushes. Move in against the short stacks yourself instead.

hyde
12-05-2004, 09:24 PM
He owns you.
You own the small stacks.
wait them out, bluff them out. stay away from the big guy.
I don't think calling him makes much sense.

jmo
hyde

rjb03
12-05-2004, 09:40 PM
A shortstack in the BB is getting 2.5:1 to call a push, so make your choices wisely.

AA suited
12-05-2004, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
blinds in 150/300

i have 1700 , chip leader with 4 k and 2 short stacks with around 800 each.

do you make a stand by calling chip leader's steal and most likely doing a coinflip or do you keep hiding in corner for premium holdings hpoing one of the shortstacks will go bust?

you can tell that big stack will exploit this situation by not calling shortstack's pushes with only 200 to call, but going allin everytime I am BB.

what do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

hide in the corner. the objective is ITM. no need to chaallenge the big stack unless you have top 5.

dont worry about bullying the short stacks. the rising blinds will force one of them to make a move w/less than ideal cards.

Allinlife
12-05-2004, 11:43 PM
so it's better to hide in corner even though chip leader is trying to milk every chip in the bubble-scare by going ai everytime I'm BB, folding his SB to short stacks and not calling short stack allin's with only 200 left to call?

Sidekick
12-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Short version: Yes.

Longer version: Unless you have a monster, just wait out the short stacks and you make a move on them when they are the BB when you are the first one to enter the pot with a hand you like.