PDA

View Full Version : I give up on queens

Alobar
12-05-2004, 06:50 PM
SB in this hand is loose passive, the other guy is your typical 5/10 SH 40/20

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6 BB, won by SB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to SB.</font>

fearme
12-05-2004, 07:10 PM
a lot of ppl wouldnt lead trip aces out like that

fearme
12-05-2004, 07:12 PM
is what i was trying to say

JimmyJazz1
12-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Although this is a very ugly flop for you, i'd still raise him on the flop. You have outs, and he could possibly be semi bluffing a diamond draw or even have a pair of 10's. So raise the flop, and he three bets call, and fold to a turn bet unless its a Q, K, or A.

chio
12-05-2004, 11:19 PM
call the flop, and use your position on the turn to figure out what to do. if someone raises, then trips is more likely. otherwise, call him down, there are too many hands that you beat

both opponents could be in there with any ten, KQ or KJ, any flush draw, and any lower pp

also, pot is big and opponent less likely to lead out with trips (already mentioned)

ctv1116
12-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Raise, give up if it is 3-bet, or if he check-raises turn.

stripsqueez
12-06-2004, 07:43 AM
i think fold is too weak - i would guess that maybe 15% of the time i raise the flop everyone else folds

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

helpmeout
12-06-2004, 09:32 AM
This is horrible, actually its beyond horrible I feel dirty just looking at it (ok bit of an exaggeration lol)

When I see this flop I see SB with a Ten, a flushdraw or a PP, MP with KQ/KJ, a flush draw or a PP.

I raise this flop and call down if he 3bets.

The board is ATA 2 suit not AK2 rainbow.

Spook
12-06-2004, 11:16 AM
If the board was AT7 would you still fold? An ace still beats you, unless you are worried about him leading his flopped FH.

Schneids
12-06-2004, 03:04 PM
FWIW if I am SB and I just called a 3-bet outta the SB, you can be pretty sure I'm betting the flop with trips. I'm pretty sure a bet out with trips is more common than a lot of you might think.

tripdad
12-06-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW if I am SB and I just called a 3-bet outta the SB, you can be pretty sure I'm betting the flop with trips. I'm pretty sure a bet out with trips is more common than a lot of you might think.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i was going to say. leading out with the trips is the best way to get the most $$$ from them in a raised pot.

cheers!