PDA

View Full Version : Flat calling the turn with trip Kings...

blackaces13
12-05-2004, 06:46 PM
It was strange for me not to raise trips here but I think it was the right play. Anyone disagree? Just sat down, no reads.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, Stlbluzfan1 checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Stlbluzfan1 calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Stlbluzfan1 folds, SB folds, BB folds.

River (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue"> (2 players)
</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

How about the preflop call and the flop bet?

vetman81
12-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Fold this PF. On the flop, betting is the right play when it is checked to you. Raise the turn. I dont think you are behind here, but you may be. Betting the river is pretty straight forward.

blackaces13
12-05-2004, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn. I dont think you are behind here, but you may be. Betting the river is pretty straight forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether I'm behind or not isn't the issue IMO. Look how many players I have behind me.

vetman81
12-05-2004, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Look how many players I have behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only have one player behind you. The rest have already acted. Not raising here is weak-tight IMO.

blackaces13
12-05-2004, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You only have one player behind you. The rest have already acted. Not raising here is weak-tight IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I have 3 players behind me, 2 have checked in front of me now making them act behind me. I have a good chance to pick up loose calls here, I can't force out a flushdraw or an OESD, and I have an excellent chance of being behind. That turn lead is a bit worrisome after nearly everyone called the flop. An ep CR isn't out of the question either.

Entity
12-05-2004, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not weak tight; it's basically going for overcalls on the turn from hands that are likely drawing hopelessly thin. The twoflush, semi-coordinated board probably tips me in favor of raising this turn.

BTW, I'd definitely fold preflop.

Rob

blackaces13
12-05-2004, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The twoflush, semi-coordinated board probably tips me in favor of raising this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that I can't get them to fold anyway. So why do I want to chase out the hopeless hands that generally call at .5/1? Also, getting 3 bet here would really suck.

Entity
12-05-2004, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The twoflush, semi-coordinated board probably tips me in favor of raising this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that I can't get them to fold anyway. So why do I want to chase out the hopeless hands that generally call at .5/1? Also, getting 3 bet here would really suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting 3-bet here would suck, but it's not going to happen that often. The biggest thing is, against hands like flush draws and other big draws (QJ - OESD), you don't really care if they fold or not. You're a HUGE favorite over everything here except a stronger K, or a flopped set (which isn't out there). Since they won't fold, raising causes them to pay 2x as much when they won't pay off a river bet.

Rob