PDA

View Full Version : A live hand from last night, let me count the boo-boos

sfer
12-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Live 4/8. Game was very good, then Boom Boom picked up, some bad players picked up, and it's just okay.

Unknown UTG who is new to the table limps. Folded to the button who has been taking some beats but not playing many hands who raises. SB folds, I call in the BB with 99, UTG calls.

3 to the flop for 6.5 SBs. Flop is 874 with two crubs. I don't have a crub. I check, UTG checks, button bets, I checkraise, UTG calls, button calls.

3 to the turn for 6.25 BBs. Turn is a non-crub 8. I check...

How am I doing so far?

Evan
12-05-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm baffled?

Unless you know the button is definitely aggro enough to bet over here I don't undertand this line.

Joe826
12-05-2004, 03:14 PM
bet the turn? i don't think you're going to get bluff raised out of this pot very often, and you almost certainly have the best hand. maybe you can enlighten me.

Trix
12-05-2004, 03:14 PM
booo, weak.

BottlesOf
12-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Interesting idea on the turn.

The default is to bet here, clearly, but were you checking with the intention of folding/raising based on what you saw?

I feel like calling is pretty much out after checking.

The downside of this plan is it getting checked through and allowing one of 87 overcards to hit. It depends on your read of the players. What were your thoughts?

Edit: Also, would this guy make some "good folds?" If a bet can fold TT or JJ or something like that, I trhink you really need to bet. The more I think about it, the more I think you should just play this straight up and bet.

Evan
12-05-2004, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The default is to bet here, clearly, but were you checking with the intention of folding/raising based on what you saw?

I feel like calling is pretty much out after checking. The default is to bet here, clearly, but were you checking with the intention of folding/raising based on what you saw?

I feel like calling is pretty much out after checking.

[/ QUOTE ]
I assumed he was planning to c/r a button bet again. Was I wrong?

BottlesOf
12-05-2004, 03:28 PM
No.

JinX11
12-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Bet, dude!

Jonny Melon
12-05-2004, 03:32 PM
I loved it until the turn. Now, I'm confused. Why not bet out here?

Jon

slavic
12-05-2004, 03:33 PM
It will be rare that you get a check raise in here without being behind. It is even less likely that a better hand will raise you unless they have an eight. Clulb draws will always call as will big aces. You give too much up by not betting, plus you really would like the big ace to fold since he will be getting decent odds on his call.

sfer
12-05-2004, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I loved it until the turn. Now, I'm confused. Why not bet out here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because unknowns calling two cold can spook me. But more importantly, because I'm retarded.

EDIT: Anyone think a preflop 3-bet is worthwhile?

ecooke
12-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Looks great through the Turn.
And I'm always a fan of the double c/r, but I still lead out when a fouth undercard drops.

Evan
12-05-2004, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because unknowns calling two cold can spook me

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot of typical bad limping hands have some draws on that board. But you know that.

Was this PS or WS? If it was WS what did UTG look like?

nothumb
12-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Given your read on the button I don't like it. I'd do this to punish some loon (assuming you will probably c/r him). I'd bet it on out.

Flop is good.

NT

sfer
12-05-2004, 04:02 PM
It was PS. UTG looked older than 19. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

edtost
12-05-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: Anyone think a preflop 3-bet is worthwhile?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do I do I do!

Then again, I'm a bad lag in limit. So a 3-bet is probably wrong. But it would be fun.