PDA

View Full Version : Pokertracker Database Question

LImitPlayer
12-05-2004, 01:56 PM
What happens when my Pt database gets full?

If I undertand corectly it peaks out at 240K hands. When This happens and I have to start a new database will all the player notes and stats I have in the old database be of no use to me?

Will I still be able to access them while I play?

Twitch1977
12-05-2004, 02:29 PM
While I can't answer the question directly, I'd like to add a question of my own.

The problem with the database format is that it's basically an access database and it's common knowledge that they have a limit to how much they can hold in them.

My question is: Does anyone know of any handler that would allow you to use a MySQL database in place of the standard access database that PT uses? The benefits of this would be potentially two-fold, first MySQL databases don't suffer from the same limitations that access databases do, and secondly it may allow multiple machines/people to access and add data to the same database at the same time.

I did some brief searching and didn't really find anything that would allow you to do this, if anyone knows a way to get PT to load an ODBC connection, or some way to get a MySQL database to work in PT I'd be interested in hearing about it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

T

LeftBack
12-05-2004, 02:40 PM
PokerTracker on two computers (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=books&Number=1110921&Forum =f19&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1110131&Sea rch=true&where=bodysub&Name=10237&daterange=1&newe rval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=# Post1110921)