PDA

View Full Version : AQo - River checkraise

Kluddeludde
12-05-2004, 01:45 PM
I browsed through my pockertracker database and came upon this hand. I don't remember if I had a read on villain in question, but assume he's typical, ie slightly on the loose side with mediocre aggression.

Party 5/10
I pick up A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG and raise. MP1 and MP2 cold calls and the rest folds. 3 to the following flop

K /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet and both call. Turn is

A /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, MP1 raises, MP2 folds and I call. River comes

9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, MP1 bets, I checkraise and MP1 3-bets. I call.

I'm not very fond of my river checkraise. I feel that if I should pull this one off, I should fold to a 3-bet. Otherwise I might as well 3-bet the turn.

Thoughts?

Kludde

12-05-2004, 02:43 PM
I dislike it. If you feel your hand is best on the turn, why not 3-bet it there instead of c/r the river?
If called, I'd lead river.

BusterStacks
12-05-2004, 02:53 PM
You should absolutely 3bet the turn. Bets are the same $ as the river and you are more likely ahead. Plus it's HU. You need to be 3betting here.

Kluddeludde
12-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Given that he will only 3-bet the river if he has a better hand than me, then I will lose less bets if I check-raise the river, as opposed to 3-betting the turn. I base this on the fact that a check-raise on the river signifies more strength than a 3-bet on the turn, IMHO. I will also win the same amounts of bets if I check-raise the river, compared to 3-betting the turn and he just calls me down.

However, when I check-raised the river I realised I wasn't going to fold to a 3-bet since there is a small possibility (small, but still there) that he is overplaying a smaller 2-pair. So, I called.

Additional comments on my thinking?

Kludde

ecooke
12-05-2004, 03:56 PM
It sure looks like the villain has JT.
I would have led the River and called a raise. And following the River three bet I can't put him on any hands the Hero is still ahead of.

Kluddeludde
12-05-2004, 05:59 PM
He took the pot with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Kludde