PDA

View Full Version : 77 flops an overpair

dfscott
12-05-2004, 01:12 PM
I think this is one of those hands where I should've waited until the turn to raise. However, I was hoping to fold overcards with the raise in this small pot.

UTG is very loose and agressive (not a maniac, but almost). SB is slightly loose, but plays fairly standard post-flop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

TylerD
12-05-2004, 01:23 PM
Definately wait until the turn to raise, raising on the flop did nothing to protect your hand.

dfscott
12-05-2004, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Definately wait until the turn to raise, raising on the flop did nothing to protect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you would 3-bet the turn?

Kluddeludde
12-05-2004, 01:32 PM
I disagree. The pot is small and anyone calling with two overcards will make a mistake by calling two cold. An added benefit is that it is easier to fold to UTG's raise on the turn.

Kludde