PDA

View Full Version : "The System" and changing gears

MelchyBeau
12-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Does anyone use "the system" that is outlined in TPFAP? I seem to have decent success with it at the low levels, however I only have 25 SnGs under my belt with it. Which means my results are statistically insignificant.

I've also used it as part of my 'gearbox'. Changing gears seems to help me not only in not being to predictable, but in making the games less mechanical. What other gears do yall use?

Melch

zephyr
12-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Your decent success using the system is due entirely to luck. "The system" doesnt work in sng's because you'll get too many loose calls. It was designed for deep stack NL against opponents who are capable of laying down big hands preflop. If you don't believe me then try it for 200 sng's and see where you're at.

Don't worry about being predictable, because your opponents aren't good enough to notice. You get the money in low limit sng's by playing ABC poker, and stealing at the correct times.

Zephyr

SuitedSixes
12-06-2004, 05:23 AM
Zephyr-
I agree with your assment of "The System" and its ineffectiveness at the SNG level. I have been wondering if there would be any merits to using aspects of it when down to 3, as this essentially becomes a push or fold situation. What are your thoughts?