PDA

View Full Version : Anything I can do about this?

TheBob
12-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi, I was in a 5 dollar sit and go at pokerstars. Blinds are at 25-50, I have about 1800 chips in front of me with 6 of us left. I'm in the Sb with pocket 7's and someone in early position makes it 2xbb I call hoping to catch my set. Everyone else sees the flop too. Flop comes jack, jack, 7 rainbow. I'm first to act and check it hoping that someone's caught a jack or is willing to bluff at it. The raiser bets the pot and me and another guy call. turn is a 10 and I check it again, raiser bets and me and other guy call. River is a king, I check, the raiser goes all in and both me and the other guy call. The raiser had ace king, giving him jacks and kings, and the other guy had a better boat than mine with jack 10. Did I do anything wrong here or is there just no way to get away from this? Thanks.

jaydoggie
12-05-2004, 12:44 PM
he wasn't letting go of the jack anyway. that being said you probably should have raised incase someone did have a jack because you're drawing to 1 out if they fill. also theres a rare case of running jacks coming, and you losing with your kicker. also the board could run a pair which isnt that rare. when you flop a big hand, especially in a $5 game, you will get paid off more often than not.

as previously stated, knowing the result of the turn and river, you were losing anyway, but you should have probably raised the flop or went allin on the turn, especially with 2 opponents.

TheBob
12-05-2004, 12:55 PM
Thing is, I was thinking tha one of them probably had a jack and that the other one was probably just bluffing or maybe just an idiot. I figured the guy with trip jacks wasn't going anywhere no matter what i did, if I push I figure he still calls. So why lose the guy who can't catch up? He's putting money into the pot drawing close to dead. That's why I played it slow. Plus if one of them does have a jack they're pretty far behind to my boat and I can probably get all their chips if they dont fill up. Make sense?