PDA

View Full Version : Check my play

LSUfan1
12-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

I have been losing money on AKo lately, and I feel I am going to far with this hand in general. Is it correct to check/fold this river after missing my flush and not connecting with the board? Should I slow down on the turn at this point since I am HU or is this a good play with the 2 overs and the flush draw?

Patriarch
12-05-2004, 12:11 PM
I feel like I have problems with AK (suited or not) when it misses the flop. I tend to play it too fast and take it too far.
I would have played this hnd similarly. It's hard to know whether to fold to the river bet but I imagine he has a weak Q or even a T and judged that it was good by your river check.

LSUfan1
12-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Now that I am thinking back about this I wonder, is this a read specific play or do I just check/call or check/fold regardless of player?

Villain in this hand is showing as fishy in poker tracker (using BisonBison stats), but I don't know if this makes a difference. I also only have 33 hands against!

zuluking
12-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Check/call the river.

LSUfan1
12-05-2004, 12:23 PM
ZuluKing...I am from the New Orleans area (just a side note).

Question. If I don't have the flush draw here, does it change my play in this hand or am I taking this to the river either way?

zuluking
12-05-2004, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ZuluKing...I am from the New Orleans area (just a side note).

Question. If I don't have the flush draw here, does it change my play in this hand or am I taking this to the river either way?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're HU so you gotta bet out on the turn either way. The river is a coin-flip. Personally I would bet it, but then, I'm overly aggressive with my AK hands, a flaw some have pointed out.

Side note-New Orleans is a rodent infested, stinky, slimy, crack-head loving, drunkin' reviling, prostitute ridden, gutter of a city......and I love it!