PDA

View Full Version : Check N Raise new depo freerolls: did U get an e-mail?

Floyd Moseby
12-05-2004, 10:30 AM
Check N Raise was advertising that new players depositing could be eligible for freeroll entries of verying layovers based on being the 1st thousand, 2nd thousand, and 3rd thousand to deposit. I thought the freerolls were starting today, and despite depositing within minutes ofthe site going live, I never received an e-mail. I also can't get support to confirm whether or not I was eligible.

Did anyone else receive the e-mail? Am I wrong about those freerolls starting today?

Myrtle
12-05-2004, 10:57 AM
I see 2 freerolls listed on the site under tournaments.

Have you tried contacting them via their "Page a Host" function?

Floyd Moseby
12-05-2004, 12:08 PM
The 'page a host' function, to this point, been useless. No one I know has ever gotten a response or even gotten any message that WASN'T "The host is currently unavailable, please try back later".

However, I did resort to calling them today, and they said that they are going to wait to see how their freerolls today do before they start sending out anything. I actually suspect that they might not have had 3,000 deposits yet, since I never see more than about 20-30 players online at any given time.

In any case, I'm still completely underwhelmed by their debut.

B1GF1SHY
12-05-2004, 12:45 PM
I agree. I thought CheckNRaise would be a huge hit, with all their 'The new standard in online poker' advertising. I think it might have to do with there not being any client software. Browser based poker sucks /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

konions
12-05-2004, 01:56 PM
I've heard nothing from them. Three emails have also gone unanswered.

I've given up and am trying to cash out without even playing a hand. Stuff their freerolls and their bonus.

Floyd Moseby
12-05-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm going to play until I get back in the black (took some beats at the NL tables), and at least until I get my shot at the freeroll. I REFUSE to lose money on this site. After that, all you'll hear is the sound of a speeding bullet, which will actually be my money leaving the site.

Of course, I imagine there'll be some 'problems' that delay my cashout.

konions
12-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Email received today. Date for 10k freeroll will be.....................announced early next week.