PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this okay?

David04
12-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t10 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 (t980)
UTG+2 (t840)
MP1 (t895)
MP2 (t985)
Hero (t985)
CO (t995)
Button (t1035)
SB (t900)
BB (t1075)
UTG (t1310)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t10, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls t10, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t10, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t65</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls t55, UTG calls t55, UTG+2 calls t55, MP2 calls t55.

Flop: (t330) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t330) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets t130</font>, MP2 calls t130, Hero calls t130, BB folds, UTG folds.

River: (t720) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t720</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: t1440

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 4c 9s (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins t1440. </font>

I raised pre-flop basically hoping for a re-raise so I could show my 94o, make them think I'm really loose.

Besides that, how did I play this hand?

Biff M.
12-05-2004, 10:52 AM
I don't get it. Then again, I'm not very experienced. How could you show your 94o if you get reraised? You were gonna play it till the end?

Either this is one of those sarcastic posts, or I don't get it at all.

jaydoggie
12-05-2004, 10:58 AM
i dont think you'll find a respected member of this forum who will be impressed by this.

firstly you raised with a 94o for a loose image. i think everyones in agreement that you want a tight image in a tournament, and especially in a single table where stealing is absolutely neccessary.

secondly, naturally theres going to be a few pots like this from time to time where you should attempt to steal, but not usually multiway pots, not usually early.

David04
12-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Okay my preflop raise sucked....how was my postflop play?

jaydoggie
12-05-2004, 12:09 PM
i think you were likely drawing dead on the turn. and really didnt have any business calling a bet. there's no way you can have an accruate read on a player online, especially two. if a person in a small game makes two pair or, they usually arent letting it go. so you put all your money at risk with nine high against 2 people who are liable to call you with high cards.

bad plays sometimes work, ask the 4 people who've knocked me off on the bubble this morning.

pshreck
12-05-2004, 01:02 PM
I couldn't tell if this was a joke at first. Seeing that you are responding seriously I guess it's not...

The play everywhere is awful. You seem to have gotten the idea that SNGs are about tricky plays and bluffing early. Your play is so long term -EV that I have to think you don't even know the basics.

Where did you get an idea that this play even might be good?

jaydoggie
12-05-2004, 01:47 PM
i think the idea that the play was good came right here

Outcome: Hero wins t1440.

zephyr
12-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Someone's been watching too much WPT starring Gus Hansen

David04
12-05-2004, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't tell if this was a joke at first. Seeing that you are responding seriously I guess it's not...

The play everywhere is awful. You seem to have gotten the idea that SNGs are about tricky plays and bluffing early. Your play is so long term -EV that I have to think you don't even know the basics.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know how to play SNG's, and I know how to play poker. I thought a big part of poker was about mixing it up so your opponents don't know whether or not you have a good hand when you bet. And I know that you aren't supposed to bluff early in SNG's, but I was confident that I could pick up the pot with a bet....and I did.

pshreck
12-05-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know how to play SNG's, and I know how to play poker. I thought a big part of poker was about mixing it up so your opponents don't know whether or not you have a good hand when you bet. And I know that you aren't supposed to bluff early in SNG's, but I was confident that I could pick up the pot with a bet....and I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

From reading everything you have posted, I would have to disagree with your claim you know how to play SNGs. You do not 'mix-it up' at low level SNGs, period.

David04
12-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Well I DO know how to play SNG's.....In fact I usually don't even play like this(you don't have to believe me, but I'm telling the truth, I'm not just covering my ass) Looking at the hand history, I think the ONLY thing I did right was the river bet....I was damn near positive a river bet would win it, and I was right.

jcm4ccc
12-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Remember, everybody, don't tap the aquarium.

As for the answer to your question (Did I play this okay?): You played it swell.

David04
12-05-2004, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Remember, everybody, don't tap the aquarium.

As for the answer to your question (Did I play this okay?): You played it swell.

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny.