PDA

View Full Version : QQ in a big $5/10 pot

TylerD
12-05-2004, 09:51 AM
I've only just moved up to $5/10 and I think I'm having difficulty adjusting to the aggression level. I've been picking up junk all day then I finally get QQ in EP3.

MP2 is fishy, but in a loose passive way, 30% VP$IP and less than 3% pre-flop raise.

BB is solid 18% VP$IP and preflop raise % of 8%.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="green"> Hmmm, should I have just given up here?</font>

Turn: (10.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero ???

Kluddeludde
12-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Let's take it street by street.

Preflop is fine. Had MP2 been more aggressive, I would consider capping, especially when BB is in for the ride.

I would consider giving this one up on the flop. Not because BB shows so much aggression, but rather because of MP2. It looks like AA/KK to me. I would probably play it as you did, though, but I wouldn't like it.

When MP2 raises on the turn I would definately drop this and the same goes for when he bets the river. Had he been more aggressive, though, the hand should be played differently.

Kludde

TylerD
12-06-2004, 06:54 AM
That was pretty much my thinking, so you can imagine how pissed I was when I folded the river and MP2 showed TT and BB JJ. [censored]!

bdk3clash
12-06-2004, 07:07 AM
Fold once MP2 raises the turn.

BB should have a "trickily" played AA/KK or 55 or A3s here, ignoring the river action. (With the river action, I think he's more likely to have KK, but he could have a very wimpily played 55 because he's afraid you or MP have AA.)

I would not overcall this river, but I would have folded to the turn raise. Overcalling isn't a huge mistake if it is one, but I don't think you're good enough of the time to make this call +EV.

bdk3clash
12-06-2004, 07:11 AM
By the way, I would definitely cap here preflop, though I've been known to not cap with QQ if it's heads-up against a tightish player.

Also, your reads were pretty much wrong, and I was basing my recommendations on them. If those were your actual reads at the time I still think folding to the turn raise is correct, actual results aside.

I still say the river is close and likely a bad call.

sthief09
12-06-2004, 07:43 AM
preflop is absolutely not fine