PDA

View Full Version : JTs against 2+2er

Ajax410
12-05-2004, 08:59 AM
MP2 is a player who is a total TAG - I am relatively familiar with his play, and he is VERY aggressive with all sorts of hands.

BB is LP-P

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

I check, figuring at worst this will get checked through, and at best I'll be able to trap both players with my draw. This works too well and UTG+2 3-bets me. This is a play that I would commonly use on a flush draw - and I've seen him play flush draws like this in the session...so, I cap it but remain wary.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, BB calls, Hero...?

[b]Bleh. I got my straight...but he got his "flush." He shows no signs of slowing down. How should I respond?

ThePimpulator
12-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Well you must at least call, obviously. He is the PFRer so he could be jamming with KK or QQ.

EDIT: I think I may have missed the point. You are trying to decide between raise and just call right? Id say raise if it were just him, but the BB is a little scarey just quietly calling along.