PDA

View Full Version : Heres a push or fold question

mackthefork
12-05-2004, 08:23 AM
Stars turbo you have 8.5bb 6 people left just over half the average stack. Blinds are 75/150 you get A9o UTG, bear in mind half the table will probably call with A7o, KQo and any pocket pair, the other half will call with AJo and any pocket pair 77 or better.

Push or fold, is it as close as it feels?

Regards Mack

mackthefork
12-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Some irony - While i was typing this out I pushed A7o into what i thought was SB and BB however it turned out I was SB and I ws pushing at a UTG limper, he had AJo and called, no help /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Regards Mack

captZEEbo1
12-05-2004, 04:50 PM
From my experience, when you are playing with opponents with very little fold equity, you are better off raising 1/2 your stack, and allining the flop. Furthmore, 8.5 bb's is still a decent amount, and you aren't DESPERATE. Against loose opponents, this is an easy fold.

Sidekick
12-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Personally I find this to be an easy fold in this situation.

You still have another cycle around the table or two before I would think this to be a push hand from UTG with the type of players you are describing behind you.

Gramps
12-05-2004, 10:09 PM
It's a pretty clear fold. You have plenty of chips to wait, and it being 6-player still, you'll get more hands per round of blinds paid. AQo is (roughly) about the threshold of the non-pair hands I'm pushing here (against "typical" (not super-loose calling) opponents).

I've also made the mistake before of pushing a marginal hand from SB (or button, etc.) not realizing there was a limper in the hand. Usually happens to me when someone gets knocked out, there's only a BB on the next hand, and UTG limps - making it look like two posted blinds. Guess one is prone to such mistakes every now and then when multitabling.