PDA

View Full Version : Flop action?

amirpc
12-05-2004, 06:41 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ?

At the time I was thinking I probably was drawing to two pair or to my jack to win this hand. The guy leading out screamed either weak ace or set to me. I don't play much(any) 2/4 so these reads could easily be off. I figure if the guy behind me calls (hes very aggressive postflop) I have the best hand, if he raises I can't imagine him not having me out kicked.

Do I 2 bet and hope the PF raiser calls or folds or do I just call and see what he does, then decide from there?

MarkL444
12-05-2004, 07:31 AM
get back to work!

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MarkL444
12-05-2004, 07:41 AM
i dont know whats best to do here, but..
[ QUOTE ]
The guy leading out screamed either weak ace or set to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he lead out with a set? He probably will c/r either the flop or the turn with a set. Thats a pretty damn safe board to flop a set on. I think its much more likely he has an ace, and I cant think of anything else. (Maybe A8?).

[ QUOTE ]
Do I 2 bet and hope the PF raiser calls or folds or do I just call and see what he does, then decide from there?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean raise? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Calling is going to make it hard to find out where you stand. If you raise, and face MP1 with 2 bets, youll get a good idea of things.

amirpc
12-05-2004, 07:57 AM
I don't know if it happens at 2/4 but at other limits I seem to get led in to by a set on an Axx flop a lot. Especially into multiple people, so the others call then get raised in back. Probably doesn't happen at 2/4. Could just be my imagination too.

Yea 2-bet is kind of a lingo I use with my friends I slipped oops.

And I am working!

sthief09
12-05-2004, 10:08 AM
on this completely drawless board, I'd just call. if the 3rd guy calls, I'd raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet, but you probably won't be facing one. if he doesn't call call if bet into and bet if checked to.

also, I tried sending you $ via NETeller but it says I'm not transferring enough. The site says that the minimum transfer is $5. what gives? Can I transfer you money on Empire or Party and you transfer less back? PM me. your product is awesome and you two ought to get compensated for it.

ecooke
12-05-2004, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I figure if the guy behind me calls (hes very aggressive postflop) I have the best hand

[/ QUOTE ]
Given this statement and MP1s 3-bet PF, how likely is it that the villain will raise?
And if the Hero knew the villain would raise should he still call the single bet?

amirpc
12-05-2004, 12:31 PM
I didn't "know" the villain would raise I just was suspicious that he would. Not all that many 3 betting hands don't raise on an Axx flop. I guess just pairs. I was 50/50 that the original better had either a monster or a weak ace.

Maybe the correct course of action would have been to raise the flop and see what the guy behind me does, and also if the original better 3 bets. I wasn't working on very much information.

amirpc
12-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 has Td As (one pair, aces).
Hero has Ac Jd (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.25 BB. </font>

Once the preflop raiser folded behind me it was an easy hand to play but I let my timer run down before I called the flop I was very unsure of what to do.

ecooke
12-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Hero calls the Flop and raises the Turn.
Release to a 3 bet.

DeezNutz3
12-06-2004, 12:45 AM
I like your thinking although i raise the flop otherwise you don't know where you stand. It's much cheaper if you get 3 bet on the flop and you can either release your hand or call down. What do you do here if you get 3 bet on the turn?