PDA

View Full Version : I wait until the turn to raise...

DeathDonkey
12-05-2004, 06:36 AM
Is this the right spot to do this? The SB is a bit LAGgy but ok. Everyone is too loose. I'll figure this "wait until the turn to raise" thing out eventually.

-DeathDonkey

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (13 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

cockandbull
12-05-2004, 06:45 AM
i'd raise the flop. if you knock out co its getting checked to you. This gives you the chance of to make a better judgement. I think you need the button for this to be a good play. just my two cents.

harry

Vern
12-05-2004, 07:22 AM
Raise this flop and hope that the SB three-bets it so it gets heads up. As you did it, the SB stop-n-go on the turn/river makes me think that I have a second best hand here but I call one as well. The CO overcalling the river just about dooms your nines, you wanted him out on the flop or at least paying the maximum to chase his draw. I think the section on waiting for the turn is addressed more towards making it one bet for your opponent than when you have the chance to put player in a position to call 2 with the possibility of a re-raise behind them and the chance to make a player that already called one face the possibility of two more with another re-raise possible.