PDA

View Full Version : Sonics

ThaSaltCracka
12-05-2004, 04:49 AM
at what point will people admit or accept that this team is legit? They are 15-3 right now.

stabn
12-05-2004, 04:52 AM
After the first game of the season i thought we'd only win 30 games. This is just nuts. I'm not sure they can get out of the first round of the playoffs, but their definitely going. I still wish they had a decent big man though, someone who really pounded the boards on D and played the post well on offense. Shard still needs to bulk up a bit more too, he's always been too lean.

Their a great team to watch this season though, i need to get off my ass and buy tickets to a few games.

ThaSaltCracka
12-05-2004, 04:55 AM
well Fortson is getting a lot of boards, and James can post up down their at times. If you combined Fortson and James, you actually have a pretty good center posistion. This team is just so hyper, and so fun to watch. I also need to go buy some tickets. Maybe a 2+2 meet up for Seattle area guys?

AngryCola
12-05-2004, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
at what point will people admit or accept that this team is legit? They are 15-3 right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to tell you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Even you were doubting them a few weeks ago.

Still, I'm not getting everything right, look at my poor Mavs. Dirk Nowitzki getting injured put them in a slump. At least he set a franchise record the other night. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-05-2004, 05:01 AM
well, I expected a collapse by this point, but I hoped it wouldn't happen. This team is good though man, and they actually have a majority of their Dec games at home, so this team could end the year with a pretty damn good record.

stabn
12-05-2004, 05:07 AM
They are both half package guys, and always have been. The addition of fortson has been great though, as far as rebounds goes. Constantly last season you'd see one of the main reasons we'd lose games is that we were spotting teams at least 5 boards a game before it started. Rashard has never pulled down as many as he should at his position and Jerome Jamse doesn't even know what a rebound is. Radmanovic doesn't rebound enough either, but that's true of a lot of foreign players.

A sonics game would make a great 2+2 seattle area meet. It's too bad you need 20 for a group discount though. I'd definitely go to one, as long as we aren't watching NJ, Atlanta, New Orleans or Golden State /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

ThaSaltCracka
12-05-2004, 05:11 AM
Maybe some of the Seattle guys will reply in this thread and we can get that going /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

stabn
12-05-2004, 05:15 AM
Yah, or we could make three new threads about it and let one of them make an official thread /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

ThaSaltCracka
12-05-2004, 05:17 AM
I think that will probably happen. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jdl22
12-05-2004, 05:18 AM
Of course they are legit, Luke Ridnour kicks ass!

dr. klopek
12-05-2004, 07:33 AM
Of course Seattle is legit. Have you watched them play basketball? Man, why can't our team be any good...?

Schneids
12-05-2004, 07:52 AM
I always thought the Wolves were one of the better teams in the league at playing team basketball.

When the Sonics crushed us a few weeks ago I saw a team who was definitely more in sync with eachother than the Wolves were.

They're fun to watch and from what I gather a group of great citizens. I hear few in the league do more charity work than Ray Allen.

If not the Wolves in the West I definitely hope it's the Sonics.

Realistically though, I expect them to fizzle a little and enter the playoffs as a 4 or 5 seed.

ThaSaltCracka
12-05-2004, 07:57 AM
they will, there are clearly 2 teams def better than the sonics, and probably 2-4 that should be better, time will tell though.

SGS
12-05-2004, 07:58 AM
Once they win the title.....

SGS

ThaSaltCracka
12-05-2004, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Once they win the title.....

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]Totally lame, here in the reign city, if they make the playoffs, that will be a huge deal.

Schneids
12-05-2004, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they will, there are clearly 2 teams def better than the sonics

[/ QUOTE ]

San Antonio and...? I'm having a hard time coming up with who you think the second team is that's definitely better than the Sonics in the West.

I'd like to say Minnesota but right now, the way you guys are playing, not a chance... Dallas? Zzzzz they're already starting their plummet. Sacramento? Too old... Suns? No way all they've done this year is beat up on a bunch of East teams while going 1-2 in their games that counted (losing at home against Sac and MN, winning on road against Dallas).

I think it's really close but outside of San Antonio I cannot think of a second team that is 'clearly' better than the Sonics right now. Sac, Minny, Dallas, and Phoenix are all right around the same ballpark as Seattle IMO...