PDA

View Full Version : Dicey pair of Kings

blackaces13
12-04-2004, 10:53 PM
CO is fairly loose/passive but likes to slowplay

BB seems normal

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero...

Call, fold, raise?

Yeknom58
12-04-2004, 11:01 PM
By likes to slowplay do you mean the CO would open limp in the SB with AA's, then check a set on the flop? Open limps in the CO are very very fishy.

Well in either case I'm betting the turn not checking and if he raises then I have a decision and based on your read it's likely a fold. But if I did check it I would be in a bad spot as I don't close the action and who knows what his bet really means. I'm thinking call down.

blackaces13
12-04-2004, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By likes to slowplay do you mean the CO would open limp in the SB with AA's, then check a set on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'd seen him do exactly that. Maybe I should have led the turn but as it is do you call, raise, or fold?

Yeknom58
12-04-2004, 11:39 PM
At first I was thinking call down but with the pot being so small and the fact that I don't close the action and I have a read on his play I think this is a fold.

blackaces13
12-04-2004, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At first I was thinking call down but with the pot being so small and the fact that I don't close the action and I have a read on his play I think this is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was what I decided on as well. Thanks for the reply.

MoreWineII
12-05-2004, 12:12 AM
I'd go ahead and bet the turn even though CO is tricky.