PDA

View Full Version : Two pocket pairs

Kluddeludde
12-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Here's two hands I played a couple of minutes ago.

Hand 1:
Villain in this hand is very loose preflop. He has very low raising standards preflop (any ace, most pocket pairs, QTo UTG). He is also quite aggressive postflop, although not comparable to his preflop aggression. So, how's my line?

Party 5/10
I pick up 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in CO. Villain open-raises UTG, all fold to me and I make it 3 bets. Villain calls and we are HU to the following flop

2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks, I bet, he calls. Turn comes

J /images/graemlins/club.gif

He checks, I bet, he checkraises, I 3-bet and he caps. River is

5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He bets, I raise, he 3-bet and I cap. He calls.

Hand 2:
Villain in this hand is also very loose preflop and has a propensity to bluff and semi-bluff raise turn or river. Given that, how should I proceed on the turn?

I pick up Q /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button. UTG calls and villain limps in MP. I raise. Blinds fold and both limpers call. Flop is

K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

They check to me and I bet. Only villain calls. Turn is

A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain checks, I bet and villain raises. How should I proceed?

Kludde

ecooke
12-04-2004, 07:14 PM
Hand 1: You're line is lovely. Nice hand.

Hand 2: If the villain is capable of folding after bluff raising, then I call the Turn and raise the River. Otherwise, I 3-bet.

Kluddeludde
12-05-2004, 07:36 AM
If the villain is capable of folding after bluff raising, then I call the Turn and raise the River. Otherwise, I 3-bet.

Exactly my thinkíng during the hand. He is capable of folding to a reraise on the turn and thus I considered calling and then raising the river. However, he may very well semi-bluff a flushdraw, in which case it is clearly correct for me to 3-bet it right then and there. Anyway, I took the first line and called his check-raise. The river paired the king and he checked to me, I bet and he called. He showed A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and MHIG.

In the first hand I lost to quads, by the way. /images/graemlins/blush.gif I was a bit concerned after the hand that I overplayed it a bit. However, I couldn't come up with a single hand except JJ that beat me, considering the board.

Kludde