PDA

View Full Version : joining bankroll with friend, some problems

billuhbong
12-04-2004, 06:23 PM
i just started sharing my bankroll with my friend so we could move up to higher stakes. he is contributing roughly 2000 and i am contributing 1100. Basically we are playing 8 tables of 5/10 and he is doing most of the workload. Hes playing 6 tables and Im gonna be playing 2. Can someone help me make a platform on how to split the profits and losses accordingly. what is a fair amount considering he is playing more and contributing more money?

grandgnu
12-04-2004, 06:46 PM
He's put in 2x the money and he's playing 3x more tables than you are.

So I would say that you should split it, 70/30 in favor of him of course. Maybe even 75/25

ThePinkBunny
12-04-2004, 07:41 PM
just because you're sharing a bankroll doesn't mean you should share the profits. I would keep seperate logs of who's up what.

this could be really hard on your friendship.

jeffraider
12-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Worst idea ever man.

Rasputin
12-04-2004, 09:41 PM
This is a better idea than pounding your scrotum with a hammer, but only barely.

Money and friends don't mix.

snowbank
12-04-2004, 11:03 PM
This doesn't make sense. It doesn't help either of you move up really. You just end up playing more tables instead of less. If you did it by yourselves you'd basically be doing the same thing.

mntbikr15
12-04-2004, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a better idea than pounding your scrotum with a hammer, but only barely.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha! funniest and yet the truest thing ive heard in a while

bugstud
12-05-2004, 02:15 AM
he should 6 table 3/6 or 2/4 instead

Louie Landale
12-05-2004, 05:31 AM
I cannot imagine this surviving the friendship ..err.. the friendship surviving this arrangement.

You'd be better off just sharing part of you action with each other, say 20%. Then you'd both be playing 5/10 using a bankroll needed for 4/8; for whatever that's worth.

If you both have jobs then don't worry about bankroll requirements.

- Louie

orion
12-05-2004, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a better idea than pounding your scrotum with a hammer

[/ QUOTE ]

Pounding your scrotum with a hammer is bad idea!
Glad you told me that - I was eyeing a nice 4lb hammer just yesterday.

--
orion

alThor
12-05-2004, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i just started sharing my bankroll ... he is contributing roughly 2000 and i am contributing 1100. ...Hes playing 6 tables and Im gonna be playing 2. ...what is a fair amount considering he is playing more and contributing more money?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe that you are both equally profitable, and that there is no risk of going bankrupt, then you should split in proportion to hands played.

If there is a chance you will lose the bankroll, and never play again, then your friend deserves a premium for risking more money. The blackjack literature addresses this kind of problem for teams. See Schlesinger's Blackjack Attack, for example, for a basic method. Basically, a percentage goes to investors in proportion to their capital, and the rest goes to players in proportion to their hours played. The percentage is based on the risk of ruin.

If you just want a wild-assed guess, how about: split half your profits in proportion to your investments (basically 1/3, 2/3), and split the other half by hours played. If you play equal hours, you will get (1/6 + 1/4)=5/12 of profits. Obviously your original investments are simply refunded at the end of the deal.

alThor

AncientPC
12-07-2004, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Worst idea ever man.

[/ QUOTE ]

ChessMan
12-07-2004, 03:47 AM
How large a bankroll would I need to pound my scrotum with a 6lb hammer? I'm used to pounding my scrotum with a 2lb hammer, but I'm thinking of moving up.

Thanks!