PDA

View Full Version : NEPC NL satellite

04-11-2002, 01:26 AM
In one of the satellites I played at the NEPC,

it ended this way: it's heads-up,my opponent has T1000 to my T4000,the blinds are at T100-200, and he smooth calls(I don't like this play, whatever he has; I think he should either move in or throw his hand away).With 6-5 offsuit, I got a shock when the flop came 4-3-2 rainbow, which I checked, on the premise that if I led out, it gave

him a chance to get away from this one.He moved in

and I called;his hand was, to my amazement, K-Q

offsuit,and after I recovered from my surprise, I realised he was stone dead.

What are your opinions on how the play of this hand went?

perfidious

04-11-2002, 12:50 PM
"What are your opinions on how the play of this hand went?"

On his part, it sucked. On your part, it's christmas in April.

04-11-2002, 03:39 PM
I think you both want me to tell you that his play sucked. But I can't. It depends on your perception of each other and whether he thinks he can trap you for a double-up. We just don't have enough information here to know.

Andy.

04-11-2002, 06:22 PM
Andy,

As an addendum, I should note that most of the

play in this satellite had been fairly tight once

two or three loose- aggressive players came to grief in the early going. However, on the hand before this, I managed to knock out two others with A-J when I moved in pre-flop and they called,

one with K-10, another with Q-J.

My remaining opponent was playing a solid enough game, though I didn't see him as likely to try trapping with such a hand as K-Q offsuit. Given his play throughout, I'd have sooner expected him to move in/fold, unless he perceived me as being good enough to throw my hand away against his pre- flop raise. My own play was tight- aggressive, mostly mucking in the early going, just letting the LAPs do their own thing.