PDA

View Full Version : Snowmen Produce Golden, One Out Goodness

MasterShakes
12-04-2004, 03:25 PM
The reason I just checked and called here on the flop, rather than betting out was two-fold. One, MP1 is the kind of incredible player everybody should want in their game. Plays EVERY hand (this is no exaggeration). However, I have seen this player fold the flop a few times against aggression. Once this player gets into the later rounds of betting, they will tend to stay in no matter what (just like this situation). I figured that if I could suck this player in with no aggression on the flop, they would pay out in later rounds. The second reason is that I figured that if the button still had an overpair when the turn came, there was a good chance I could bet out, MP1 would call, and the button would raise, allowing me to 3-bet. As it happened though, the turn was unfortunate. The rest of this hand played itself. I was so excited that I ended my session immediately (at all of my tables), ran out and got plastered for the first time in months.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (18.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 30.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 30.25 BB, between Hero, MP1 and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (30.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 8s 8c (four of a kind, eights).
MP1 has Ad Js (two pair, eights and threes).
Button has 9h 9c (full house, nines full of eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 30.25 BB. </font>

Entity
12-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Hola amigo,

I'd probably bet the flop and call a raise from Button. Then I'd stop and go, go apeshit on the turn and of course, on the river.

Oh yeah -- 1/2 is microlimits, not small stakes.

Rob

MasterShakes
12-04-2004, 03:52 PM
A stop and go would have been good in hindsight. The reason I posted this here is that I like the posters here more than in micro. The principles here are essentially the same.

bisonbison
12-04-2004, 04:01 PM
1/2 hands go in micro in part because the games are different between stakes and in part so that SS doesn't become all-inclusive.

Do you see why you want to bet the flop?

Justin A
12-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Gotta love MP1 sticking in there with his flush through all that action. Here's to the third guy!

Justin A

Edit: Even Better! MP1 didn't even make his flush and stuck around with Ace high. Here's to the third guy!

MasterShakes
12-04-2004, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1/2 hands go in micro in part because the games are different between stakes and in part so that SS doesn't become all-inclusive.

Do you see why you want to bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really need to get that $1200 bankroll together and just keep it there.

If I bet the flop, MP1 calls, button raises with a lot of hands, and then I can judge whether MP1 would call a 3-bet. If I just call the raise, I can stop and go on the turn, and probably get raised again. This clearly isn't a protection situation.